Thread: Half of my tooth just fell out!!

Unhappy Half of my tooth just fell out!!

17 days before i'm due to have my c-section, half my tooth falls out and now i'll probably have to have root canal therapy or have the rest of the tooth pulled out...

I'm booked in to see my dentist tomorrow morning, and i've saved the bit that fell out in milk in case it can be saved, but i had a look at the rest of the tooth in my mouth and its all black and rotten in the middle (sorry TMI), and i'm thinking he might not be able to save it and have to pull it out... its a front molar up the top.

Does anyone know what is and isn't safe to have done with regards to dentistry and being pg? Apart from the obvious x-rays...

I'm so annoyed, why couldn't it have just waited til i had my baby!!!!!

So sorry that you're going through this now, Keira. What a bummer. You never know, your dentist may be able to save the tooth (though I doubt s/he'll re-attach the bit that fell off)... I guess on a positive note, at least it has happened now and not while you're getting your head around having a newborn (sorry - not much comfort I know).
    Your dentist will know what is safe to do while you are pg. From memory, everything is ok, even local anaesthetics. At any rate, its good that you're getting it looked at and fixed up. Wishing you all the best for your appointment tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow Keira :hugs: :hugs:

You poor thing Keira! Most things are safe at the dentist while pg, it's more a matter of you being comfortable! Obviously xrays are out, but LA is fine, there is one type that is safe to have during pg. If it's going to be a big job, get them to do something temporary for you and then deal with it properly later down the track. You can have it pulled out now, but you probably don't want to.

Good luck hun, hope it all goes well.

ETA They won't be able to use the bit that's fallen out, sorry hun.

Thanks so much girls

At least i'm not in pain... yet, i just feel anxious about though, can't wait to get it sorted tomorrow.