Thread: Permanant tooth in 5 year old?

Default Permanant tooth in 5 year old?

I'm just after some reassurance/ advice.

My DD has just turned 5 and when playing with her this morning I noticed that she seems to be getting a permanant tooth. It is the bottom front. THe thing is it seems to be growing behind the baby tooth. THere is a definate gap between her baby tooth and this new tooth.

Isn't she too young for permanant teeth? She didn't get her first tooth until she was 91/2 months. And has anyone had there childs teeth grow behind their baby teeth? Do I need to worry? I have also just found that she has a wobbly tooth as well!

I will take her to the dentist just need some reassurance in the meantime.

Thanks

DD started losing her baby teeth and getting her permanent teeth at around 5-6 I think, so pretty normal. Though it could be worth getting that one growing behind the baby tooth checked unless the baby tooth is already wobbly and looks like it'll fall out on it's own anyway.

They are cute when they end up with no front teeth at all, but it can make munching on some foods a bit tricky for a while

My 4.5year old (born April 07) lost her first tooth a few weeks ago and has a permenant tooth growing in its place. My eldest was 5.5 so my 2nd is much younger. I just assume she is an early teether. Her baby tooth did fall out or was pushed out by the new one coming up

totally normal!

Totally normal - DD1 lost her bottom 2 at 5y and they came up behind the baby teeth which eventually fell out.

Thanks everyone! It is just the definate gap between the front teeth and the new tooth that bothered me the most but I guess it will come forward as there is more room when the baby teeth fall out. I did find later that her two front teeth are wobbly - one more than the other!

adult teeth come through when they want and where they want! they will push the baby teeth out, the only thing holding thos wobbly teeth in are the gums, the roots have been absorbed