Thread: A question for anyone who might know..

Default A question for anyone who might know..

I got a wisdom tooth and another tooth near it extracted on Friday. So that what was left behind was a dry socket where my wisdom tooth was, and the other one has healed completely. My mouth tasted kind of funny all weekend (almost like pus.. not meaning to disgust anyone). So I went back to the dentist today and he said it might have been slightly infected but it wasn't too bad today. But he put cloves and iodine in the dry socket. I forgot to ask him when I left (since I was in pain, and was just happy I didn't have to pay to see the dentist again lol), but I'm wondering when I can take the cloves out of the socket? Is there anyone here that would know? He told me to take antibiotics and it should be healed in few days, and that the cloves and iodine were to clean it out a bit and to kind of numb the area. Would it be alright to take it out tonight before bed?

I had a dry socket after having a wisdon tooth removed. You leave the essence of cloves in. It taste rotten, but it has numbing properties to it. It will eventually dissolve. I could taste the cloves for about 2 weeks.

Thank you for that.. I've gotten used to the taste, certainly tastes better than the other taste I had in my mouth before he put it in. Just the feeling of having bits in my mouth at times is frustrating me lol. But at least it's not sore anymore

melly - charlotte is right. im a dental nurse and yes everyone complains of the taste, it will dissolve within 24-48hours.

Thank you Charlotte and Buzzie.