MAXIMISE your chances of getting the birth you want.
REDUCE your chances of a disappointing or traumatic birth experience.
Almost ALL women and their partners are heading into birth completely UNDER-PREPARED and UNSKILLED to work with pain in labour.
But you don’t have to be one of them.
A traumatic or disappointing birth experience can:
- Make you feel depressed, anxious, broken or like a ‘failure’
- Infiltrate into your parenting experience
- Sabotage your self esteem and confidence
- Interfere with your relationship
There are THINGS YOU CAN DO to make it more likely that you’ll have a much better experience than the majority of women (and their partners) are having.
Join us at the BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion, so you can learn what you really need to know from some of the best birth and early parenting educators Australia has to offer.
We promise you that won’t hold back the truth about birth, early motherhood, and your relationship with your partner.
If you’re in a relationship, please bring your partner – it’s important!
We have plenty of content for partners, who we know have a massive influence on the outcome of the birth and breastfeeding – research confirms this.
A Sneak Peak Of What You’ll Learn
- The BIGGEST CHALLENGES women are facing, heading into childbirth in Australia today
- How to AVOID BEING A STATISTIC – around 1 in 2 first time mothers are being induced and 1 in 3 babies are being born by c-section (even higher for first time mothers)
- HOW TO COPE WITH PAIN naturally, and what you and your partner need to do to get through the tougher parts of labour
- Major lifestyle factors which most of us do on a daily basis, which IMPEDE THE BIRTH PROCESS – and how to avoid them
- An awesome “OXYTOCIN RECIPE” for getting labour going or moving along
- The THREE BIGGEST ISSUES that affect relationships (particularly men) during pregnancy and after the birth, and how to stay connected and kick butt as new parents
- Partners will learn some NINJA LEVEL BIRTH SUPPORT SKILLS, as well as HOW TO GET GROUNDED and PRESENT during the birth, and afterwards
- So much more!
Totally Awesome Birth Speaker: Rhea Dempsey, Birth Educator & Counsellor
“Rhea tells it like it is. Best birth education money can buy.” — Annie Sprague, independent midwife, maternal and child health nurse, author
“The confidence Rhea instils in women to trust and work with the pain in labour is surpassed only by the strategies that partners and support people acquire at Rhea’s sessions.” — Jan Ireland, independent midwife, director MAMA
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Rhea’s trademark pain dynamics – coping with pain and what you NEED TO KNOW to get through the tougher parts of labour
- Challenges you’re facing RIGHT NOW heading into childbirth in Australia
- How our current ‘over-thinking’ and ‘over-adrenalised’ lifestyle can impact your hormones and impede the birth process, as well as how to help reverse the problem.
Rhea will also share her ‘oxytocin recipe’ which is a priceless tool for those who need to get labour going or moving along.
See a great video Rhea presented, on Facebook, here.
Kickass Dads Speaker: Jared Osbourne, Men’s Coach and Transformative Psychotherapist
“I’ve had a really good day (after the coaching). My energy levels have been really constant and I’ve been able to be present and engaged with more things going on around me than I have for a long time“. Tim
“I’ve learnt and grounded a profound sense of what it truly means to connect deeply with my manhood and in turn my true essence or Self. Jared’s work is accessible, sophisticated, revealing, authentic, fun, bonding, invigorating, supportive and most of all ‘real‘”. – Heath
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
Three of the biggest issues that affect relationships (particularly men) during pregnancy and after the birth.
Find out about some of the biggest changes and challenges that most couples don’t expect, and how to stay connected and kick butt as new parents.
Dads will learn about getting present and grounded as new fathers and partners.
See a live Facebook chat I had with Jared, here.
Another Legendary Birth Speaker: Ginny Phang-Davey, Spinning Babies Trainer
“As a prenatal and paediatric chiropractor who has been in practice for over 10 years now, I have yet to meet a birthing professional who is more driven, inspirational and knowledgable than Ginny Phang-Davey. For the last 7 years, she has taught me more about pregnancy, birthing, breastfeeding and postpartum care than any books I’ve read, any chiropractic courses I have taken and any other professional seminar could have provided. Ginny Phang-Davey is extraordinary and such a powerful outlet of information.”
– Dr Janelle Dong
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN: Want to know how you can have an easier, shorter, more relaxed and comfortable birth?
You’ll learn how to ease pregnancy discomforts and prepare your body for an easier birth through body balancing techniques, maternal rest-smart positions and other daily pregnancy essentials.
*Ginny will be live-streaming from Singapore.
See a live Facebook chat I had with Ginny, here.
The Super Skilled Therapist Midwives Go To: Chris Tang, Doctor of Chinese Medicine
More than 10 years ago, Chris began working with (a lot of!) pregnant women at the BellyBelly Pregnancy Centre.
Due to the skill and expertise he developed in this area, midwives and pregnant women now flock to see him whenever they want to get labour moving, have breech babies or other issues.
Chris comes highly recommended in pregnancy and birth circles, as a ‘birthy’ go-to Doctor of Chinese Medicine.
PLAY VIDEO TO DISCOVER WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
Every New Mama’s Best Friend: Lael Stone, Birth Educator, Aware Parenting Instructor
“She is a true and gifted teacher who lives what she teaches. Her compassion, warmth, acceptance, and encouragement encourages a deep sense of emotional safety. In groups, her listening and her sharing of stories show me what is possible being a woman and a mother.”
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- What new mamas need to thrive in their role
- Coping with crying and reduced sleep
- Why self-care is critical to your mental health as a new mother – and how to do it with a newborn
- Forming a new tribe and integrating your new mother identity
This is a talk you cannot miss. See a live Facebook chat I had with Lael, here.
Pro-Choice and Woman-Friendly Doctor: Dr. Ravi Kashyap, Obstetrician
Dr. Kashyap is an obstetrician and gynaecologist working in private practice in Melbourne. His philosophy supports natural labour as much as possible, while having the skills and experience to cope with any emergency or complication that may arise. Dr. Kashyap supports VBAC (vaginal birth after previous caesarean) and vaginal birth of twins.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to have a more empowering birth in a hospital setting
- What you need to know about giving birth in a hospital
- Learn various ways you can have a positive birth experience.
Absolutely Delightful (And Delightfully Feisty!) Catcher Of Babies: Belinda Henkel, Midwife
Since 1986, Belinda has worked as a midwife in hospitals and birth centres (both private and public) and now supports women to birth at home. With many raving fans as well as requests to speak at birth events, Belinda is a much loved Melbourne midwife.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Tips and insights from an experienced and wise midwife
- Belinda will de-bunk myths and misconceptions about giving birth at home.
See a live Facebook chat I had with Belinda, here.