Apricot Chicken – A Delicious Apricot Chicken Recipe
This apricot chicken recipe is a very tasty dish and very simple to make in small or large quantities. We have used chicken thighs as they tend to be juicier and have more flavour, but you can use chicken breasts.
Apricot Chicken Recipe Tips
- Add a little chilli powder or curry powder to the sauce for a spicier dish.
- Get your butcher to joint a whole chicken for you ” you could use this instead.
- You can use chicken breasts also, but they can dry out quickly.
Did you enjoy our apricot chicken recipe or have your own tips?
Please share your comments and feedback below!
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Recipe Cooking Time: 30-40 mins
- 8 large boneless chicken thighs
- 250 grams/9oz of apricot jam or conserve
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- A little olive oil for frying
- 1 medium-sized tin of apricots in natural juice, chopped (keep the juice as well). An alternative is a tin of apricot nectar
- Cayenne or paprika pepper to season (just a few sprinkles for each thigh)
- A couple of shakes of dried oregano, or a few chopped leaves of fresh oregano
- Heat the oven to 165C/325F/gas mark 3.
- Season the thighs and ‘brown off’ in a frying pan with a little olive oil, then transfer to a baking dish or roasting dish.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until cooked but the juices must run clear when tested. Remove from the oven.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat the jam, juice from the apricots, white wine vinegar and honey in a saucepan, stirring continuously to prevent sticking or burning, until the mixture is reasonably clear and glossy – if it is too thick for you, add a little water and stir. Add the chopped apricots and bring back nearly to the boil.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken thighs and put the whole dish back into the oven to heat through slightly.
- Serve with our Spanish rice recipe, or with roast potatoes. For a lighter dish, serve with a tossed green salad and crusty bread.