Coconut Kisses Recipe – A Healthy Lunchbox Or Coffee Morning Snack
Coconut kisses are delicious, quite healthy and an easy lunch box snack or great for coffee mornings with the girls! If you have a food processor, this is really, really easy! If not a little bit of time and effort makes these moments in your mouth treats.
- Recipe Serves: 20
- 1 large cup of chopped pitted dates
- Half a cup of chopped walnuts
- Half a cup of chopped almonds
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 tsp of almond essence
- 3 tbs of cocoa powder (cheap powder or drinking chocolate will suffice)
- Handful of milk chocolate chips if desired
- Chop or process all the ingredients, excluding the chocolate chips (see number 8) and coconut, making sure you have mixed it well.
- Put the coconut on to flat plate. You could also roll these in icing sugar or more chopped nuts.
- As quickly as you can, roll a small lump of the mixture in the palm of your hand to a ‘mouthful’ sized piece
- Roll in the coconut and set aside on a separate plate.
- Continue rolling these delicious bites until you have finished
- Store in the fridge or these can be frozen for another time
- If you really want to impress, buy some sweet wrappers and give these away for birthdays or special occasions, maybe in a little chocolate box or organza purse.
- If adding the chocolate chips, put these into the processed ingredients and then melt the mixture in the microwave on high for about 30 seconds. Mix well before rolling – but be quick, as your hands will get quite sticky!