Want to know how to make pancakes? This delicious pancake recipe is super simple. In a matter of minutes, you could be making these light, fluffy and delicious pancakes. But be careful if your partner or children are around, they’ll all be gone before you finish your first batch! So, here’s all you need to know about how to make pancakes.
How To Make Pancakes – Ingredients
To make it nice and easy, gather all the ingredients in front of you before you start. If you have everything measured out separately, it can be a huge help. You’ll need to gather:
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons of caster sugar (if you prefer savoury pancakes, simply reduce the amount of sugar)
- 1 cup of milk – at room temperature if possible
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 egg – at room temperature if possible
- Butter to cook the pancakes in
How To Make Pancakes – Method
1. Combine flour, sugar, milk, vanilla essence and egg into a mixing bowl. Do not over mix to get the best results.
2. In a large frying pan, heat until hot. Lightly grease the pan with butter.
3. Using a ladle or a 1/4 measuring cup, pour the mixture into the pan, holding it down close to the pan. Don’t hold it up too high!
4. After a minute or two you will notice bubbles in the pancakes and the edges drying. It’s time to quickly and gently flip the pancakes over with a flat, wide spatula. Cook until golden!
You can enjoy these delicious pancakes with anything you like:
- Maple syrup
- Lemon juice
- Whatever else you like
Enjoy! What did you think of this pancake recipe? Was it easy? Delicious? Let us know in the comments below.