Mini quiches are not only delicious to eat but versatile too. They are great as party food, a snack for the kids or a lunchbox treat – and you can really play around with the recipes to make your own creation according to your own taste. Best of all, this mini quiche recipe is very simple to make. It gives parents a great opportunity to teach your children how to make them and let them help too.
My children beg me to make this mini quiche recipe – especially when they have to bring in a plate of food to share at school!
This mini quiche recipe makes 12 mini quiches if you fill them to the top, more if you fill them lower. I use a tablespoon measure to fill the quiches with the mixture and find that it makes enough for 12 full quiches. You can use muffin trays to put the mini quiches in but I find that the standard cupcake size fits better.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Mini Quiche Recipe – Ingredients
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of diced bacon (around 2 rashes)
- 1/2 a cup of diced onion (1 small onion or 1/2 a large onion)
- 2 tablespoons of grated cheese
- 2-3 sheets of puff pastry (I get 9 quiches per sheet but make up multiple batches)
- Olive oil spray/other for lightly greasing the pans
- Parsley (garnish)
- Salt & pepper (to taste) – use Himalayan salt where possible, which is much healthier.
- A dash of thickened cream
Mini Quiche Recipe – Method
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180C (fan-forced)
2. Lightly spray a cupcake pan with olive oil spray
3. In a bowl, beat the eggs, then add the other ingredients (bacon, onion, cheese, salt and pepper) with a fork until mixed well
4. Cut out pastry circles using a glass cup, egg ring or pastry cutter. Place the circles into the patty cake trays
5. Spoon the mixture into the pastry cups
6. Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown
Mini Quiche Variations
The sky is the limit! Mix and match any of the following into your mini quiche recipe.
- Frozen corn
- Salmon or tuna
- Grated zucchini
- Grated carrot
Enjoy! For more delicious recipes, see our recipes page here.