Slow Cooker Recipes – Pasta & Rice Slow Cooker Recipes
These slow cooker recipes are tried and tested by our very own BellyBelly members! For delicious pasta and rice slow cooker recipes, try out these mouth-watering favourites, including lasagne, cannelloni and more!
Slow Cooker Lasagne Recipe
Posted by Cailin
Thats right you heard it!!! The method is when you make spag bol – make 3 times the batch you normally would and store the other 2 lots in ice cream containers in the freezer, then on another day when you haven’t got much to do using either a round or oval pyrex dish make up lasagne with one of the batches of pre-made bolognaise, and white sauce pasta & cheese, the recipe that I was given calls for instant lasagne sheets but I am inquiring if you can use fresh because that would be easier given the shape of the dish (i.e. trimming) will edit this once I have the details Then you freeze it (as far as I can tell you don’t bake it first…I am finding that out too and will add later on LOL) for 2 days, after that take it out of the dish and place it in a plastic bag and store in the freezer till you need it. Then when you do need it place it in the crockpot frozen, and cook for about 4 hrs and its done! How good is that, so it means that you can stock your freezer with home made frozen lasagne for those emergencies, days where you didn’t get any sleep the night before or when you just get home with new bubs!
I am definitely giving it a go. But basically she said she she always keeps 1 batch of bolognaise and 1 frozen lasagne in her freezer at all times so if she needs it its there.
Slow Cooker Lasagne Recipe #2
- 500g mince
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- Large container cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Lasagna noodles (no need to cook)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (reserve 1/2 cup)
- Brown meat and onion in skillet. Drain off fat.
- Add a jar of spaghetti sauce and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes (if the sauce is too thick, you may want to add about a 1/2 cup of water to thin it).
- In a separate bowl, combine all the cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese (except reserved 1/2 cup) and the egg. Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of crock cooker.
- Add two layers of uncooked lasagna noodles (broken into small pieces to make them fit) and then top with cheese mixture. Repeat with sauce, noodles, and cheese mixture until all are used.
- Sprinkle reserved 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella on the very top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for approximately 3 hours. Serves 6-8.
Slow Cooker Lasagne Recipe #3
- 225g lasagne
- 25 g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 550g mince
- 2 tsp oregano
- Salt to taste
- Ground pepper to taste
- 4 tblsp tomato paste
4 tblsp cheese sauce:
- 25g butter
- 25g flour
- 300ml milk
- 100g grated cheese
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker and preg-heat on high.
- Boil the lasagne sheets in lightly salted water for 4-5 minutes to soften, then dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat the butter in a large pan and gently saute’ the onion and the garlic until transparent.
- Add the mince and oregano and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring well.
- Season with the salt and pepper and add the cheese.
- Arrange a layer of mince mixture in the slow cooker, followed by a layer of pasta, then cheese sauce. Continue doing this, finishing with a layer of cheese.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Slow Cooker Pepper & Red Kidney Bean Rice
Posted by Cailin
Prep Time 10 mins plus 20 mins soaking
Cooking Time on high 4-5 hours
Auto Cook 6-8 hours
- 1 tbsp dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 4 shallots, peeled and cut into wedges (the onion shallots not the spring onion shallots)
- 2-4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 birds eye chillies, deseeded, chopped
- 156g easy cook brown rice, rinsed
- 1 lemongrass stalk, outer leaves discarded, chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, crumbled if dried
- 2 small red peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 200 g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 225g sliced button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Green salad to serve
- Preheat slow cooker on high while preparing the ingredients.
- Soak the dried mushrooms in almost boiling water for 20 minutes, drain reserving the liquor.
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute the shallots, garlic and chillies for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, lemongrass kaffir lime leaves, red pepper, stock, soy and fish sauces, reserved soaked mushrooms and their liquor and honey. Bring to the boil.
- Pour into the cooking pot and cook for 3 hours.
- Add the kidney beans and button mushrooms and continue to cook for 1 to 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve with a green salad.
Slow Cooker Cannelloni
Posted by Angel
- 2 x boxes cannelloni
- 2 x packs frozen spinach
- 500g (I think) of ricotta
- 2 eggs
- A good handful of grated cheese (any sort you want)
- Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp or so of mixed herbs
- 1 litre of pasta sauce
- Salt & pepper
- Mix spinach, ricotta, eggs, cheese, and garlic together.
- Stuff into the cannelloni tubes.
- Mix herbs and pasta sauce together and pour just enough into the slow cooker to cover the bottom.
- Put a layer of cannelloni in, then more sauce, cannelloni etc.
- Cook for about 3 hours on low.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese over the top about 20 mins before it’s ready.
Grandma’s Creamy Rice Slow Cooker Recipe – Posted by Jo
- 1/2 cup short-grain rice
- 2 & 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tabs sugar
- 1 Tab butter
- Nutmeg to taste (just a little bit)
Chuck it all in and give it a stir. Cook on high for 3 hours, stirring during last hour. Thin with more milk if desired.
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meat & Rice
Posted by Sarah_H
- 16 oz extra lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, packed in fruit juice, undrained
- 1 & 3/4 cups tomato sauce
- 2 Tbs brown sugar twin
- 1 Tbs reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 & 1/2 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 & 1/3 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, brown meat.
- Spray a slow cooker container with butter-flavored spray.
- In a prepared container, combine undrained pineapple, tomato sauce, brown sugar, and soy sauce.
- Stir in green pepper, onion, and parsley flakes.
- Add browned meat and uncooked rice. Mix well to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Mix well before serving.
Serves 6 (1 cup) servings 239 Calories, 7 grm fat, 16 gm protein, 28 gm carbs, 587 mg sodium, 31 mg calcium, 3 gm fibre. WW: 5 points