Vic: Thanks mate! I didn't have any EBM to give her last night or the night before, but I expressed about 250ml this morning (more than I ever have - I was full!) so will try it if she refuses the breast tonight. Thanks for the advice re not feeding overnight.
Barb: Thanks! I will keep giving her the solids as she wants them then. I really don't mind if we keep breastfeeding or not - I am happy to as long as she wants it. I only introduced the bottle and cup because I am going back to work and if I get this new job she will not have access to my breasts for three days a week (from 8 til around 6) Wed, Thurs & Fri and I would have thought that was too long for a baby of 7mo to go without milk? Yes, formula tastes and smells revolting! But I find it really hard to express enough for her to have in a cup or bottle (except for this morning when I was engorged). I will certainly feed her the breastmilk before I give her formula again, but when I am back at work I don't know if I will be able to express enough for her.
I would LOVE it if she'd sleep through with no feeds, but her usual is 1-3 feeds between 10pm and 6am. Prior to the night before last, these were all breastfeeds and the only reason I gave her the bottle the other night was because she flatly refused the breast and I couldn't settle her any other way - not even with playing (something I wouldn't normally do overnight). That's why I'm so confused! Everything I read about giving FF is that they take around 180ml in one go and I wanted to know if it's normal for a kid to want much less than that.
Bookmarks