I'm quite satisfied that the prednisone is safe to take in pregnancy - I guess it's more that I had a really hard time coming off it last time and gained quite a bit of weight which then took years to come off. But I suspect that was in the end down to the PCOS which made the weight difficult to lose, and we found an effective weight loss program in the end. Don't you just love it when different medical conditions interact!
I think what's sitting in the back of my mind is that my weird auto-immune thing which nobody has been able to identify is going to be an issue in pregnancy. I'm also feeling very relieved that chance has had me on prednisone at the time of the FET, so in many ways we haven't had to find this out the hard way.
I know it could all be coincidence, but the bigger and longer the dose reduction, the longer the spotting goes for and the worse it is... I guess my gut feeling is that in the end the prednisone is doing something (even at such a low dose) to help sustain the pregnancy - I just hope I can get my doctors to believe me!
I'm certainly not expressing myself too clearly at the moment, but this is helping me put my thoughts in order.
Harkat, good luck with TTC, I wish you a much shorter and smoother journey than I have had.
Bookmarks