Aaah superstition - I know those docs well. I must say one of the obs I "interviewed" after my last loss was my obs with my last live baby and my first mid tri loss. He agreeed to the prednisone "because it gives maternal confidence". He conceded that it was often helpful with implantation issues in ivf etc etc and it had been trialed but he felt the clexane and asprin would be enough.
I like that my new obs actually took the time to research, contact Dr S and understand the mechanics behind the prednisone. Still, the clexane/asprin may be enough and perhaps the quite marked side effects of the lovely prednisone is for nothing but I wasn't going to chance it... And my new obs believed in my gut, was willing to listen to Dr S and concede "it sounds like a goer".
I didn't listen to my instincts for 18 months. I didn't listen to that voice inside me and I paid the price of losing my babies. I also paid the cost of being fobbed off (I am sure as a desperate woman clutching at straws...).
The mark of a good doctor is one who listens with ears, heart and instinct. They are out there. Harkat you are right - we should never get up from that chair until we are satisfied and we totally understand... I have learnt that painfully too... :hugs:
It sounds like a good plan Butterfly - keep on that prednisone and feel confident. Big big hugs...
Bookmarks