Thread: If it is ever legal....

Default If it is ever legal....

Gede & I have discussed the orphans of Aceh.
    Yesterday I contacted the Red Cross, as I read on Bali Website that the Government have said at this stage they will look after their own orphans & do not need other countries help....
    But according to the Red Cross it seems there are going to be hundreds of thousand children left with nothing & noone, so I wrote a letter about ourselves & that I understood the Indo Government may not see the full effects for a 6-12 month period & if at any time in the future the opportunity arose that these children needed a family that we are more than welcome to give 1 or more a fuller life.....
    Not sutre if anything will ever happen but I guess it wasa worth the contact & time...
    Gede's parents adopted 2 children born out of wedlock in their village & they have a wonderfully happy life!!!

Will be keeping fingers crossed though, those poor dears!!!!! [-o<

Thats so great Tracey! I really hope it pans out, what big beautiful hearts you both have! Hopefully the govt might start being a little more lenient on international adoption, we can only hope right!

Goodluck! And maybe just maybe people might follow your lead

*hugs*
    Cailin

You know Cailin I was actually surprised when in the News papers they had mentioned 85 families having contact them regarding Adoption (Aus persons) To be honest I find it incredible there were so few???
    But if that's 85+ children given health care, schooling, love & affection then all the better I guess!

I would be stoked maybe I will end up with the 5 kids I ahve always wanted!!!! :smt119

I have everything (well nearly everything ) crossed for you guys Lets hope for that number 5 hey?!

And I agree I thought there would be more too, we can only hope hey?

*hugs*
    Cailin

Chi-Chi Guest

I have always been interested in International Adoption but after doing some research, believed the costs to be just too high. But my interest has been renewed with the recent crisis. Tracey, pls let me know if you hear anything from the Red Cross or find out any other information. I have an Indonesian sponsor child (thru World Vision), I'm praying she is ok. With things so shaky with my bloke ATM, I am wondering if adoption may be the only way I'll have another child. But I don't know if the authories allow single women to adopt (unless you're a famous Hollywood star of course) I wouldn't know where to begin & it's just an idea.
    I also saw that there had been 85 enquiries & figured that was really LOW! But as you say, better than none I s'pose

Cheeky Chi,
    I will let you know if/when I hear anything.....

That's a beautiful thought Tracey. We had wondered where all the poor children that lost their families would go.

I'd be interested too to hear how things pan out.

I actually wrote an email to the PM about a week ago offering my home & love to a child in need as well. I haven't heard anything either. The only reason I sent it to John Howard is because I had no idea where to start.

FionaJill,
    I actually read on an Medical Expat website in bali about it & the Red Cross are looking at it for the future due to Indo wanting to try to look after their own & see how traumatised etc these Children are & what will really be best for them...
    Part of me thinks they should stay where they know their own language & people & culture & traditions etc... But I think about what I would want for my daughter & I'd hate to think of child prostitution & slavery & living on the streets etc, I know I'd prefer her to have a loving family environment, with people that can offer her health care, food, a better lifestyle etc, sure it would be hard to change & cope with at first, but with cuddles, love & tenderness I think these children can grow up relatively normal!!!!
    Send Red Cross an e-mail.... Good Luck!

If you really want to look at intercountry adoption, get into contact with your local Department of Human Services (Welfare) and they will put you on the right track.