Thread: And we're off!

billabonkers Guest

Default And we're off!

Hi

JUst wanted to say this out loud really so I can believe it... today I got a call from a woman, a very nice woman actually, at DoCS saying that they had received our EOI in adoption and that she would be dealing with us until we receive a case manager - hopefully before Christmas. In the meantime she will be handling our expression and our attendance at seminars etc and we are to contact her "even if we think of any question we might have over the weekend"

And there I was thinking DoCS were the big bad wolf? Honestly I am very impressed. Lets hope thats a sign of things to come!

Feel all warm and fuzzy inside cos I got to talk about my family today! Hehehe!

How exciting, good luck with it all.

yodels Guest

I'm a bit late but Congratulations Billabonkers!!! Hope it all goes really quickly for you!!!!

billabonkers Guest

Thanks all - we went to our first adoptive parents picnic yesterday - it took us 30 mins walking around the park to even rock up and say hi to some people - its a whoe new world this adoption bizzo!

Wow, best of luck for the future! I guess you just gotta jump in hey!?

Wow what an exciting time in you life, congratulations on getting this far I hope that adoption brings you a life time of pleasure. Best wises

That is wonderful!

that is wonderful how exciting i am wishing you the best of luck billbonkers

Fantastic News! Hope it all goes smoothly and quickly for you. Very exciting

Default Hi

Hi Billabonkers,

Have you been to the ICA seminar now? I thought it was excellent...hope you enjoyed it also.

Hey are you in Newcastle too?

We have been going through the approval process over the last few months. Anxiously waiting for our case worker to write her report now!

Cheers & best wishes,
    RG.

billabonkers Guest

Hi RG

Yes we are in Ncle - and we are not attending seminar until 7/8 Feb - a bit excited about that - if you want to contact me send an e mail to me at work my adressis [email protected]

I would love to hear your experiences so far - looks like you guys are a bit ahead of us, anyway maybe we can catch up and swap horror stories!

Happy New Year

Billabonkers

Belated congratulations Billabonkers! I can remember how excited we were when we first started the process 5 years ago! There are some 'trying' times along the way but when you travel to be united with your child (we've been home 4 months now with our amazing daughter) the challenges disappear and you know exactly why you chose the path of adoption. It is most definitely all worth it I promise!!!!

Thanks AngelGirl, that's the kind of story we need to hear! Seems like such an endless process, so always glad to hear that there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers & good luck with your little one.

RG

billabonkers Guest

Rainbow girl -

Canyou tell me more about the approval process. I was of the understanding that after the seminar we make a formal application - then what?

If you have time I'd appreciate your reply.

thanks '

Hi there,

I am sending an e-mail to your work address, please let me know if it doesn't arrive.

Happy to answer any questions that I can...I am learning new things about the process all the time. I wish I could tell you that I was learning to be patient as well, but sadly no!

Cheers,

RG