Thread: Mid-semester... how's everyone going??

Default Mid-semester... how's everyone going??

Well, I'm sitting here on my week long uni holidays (woohoo lol). I'm annoyed that I can't sleep, and I'm getting up early, because next week when I HAVE to get up early I'll be whinging that I'm not allowed to keep sleeping

How is everyone going at uni? The sticky end is coming up now, well for me it's sticky. I've only had two assignments due in the first 6 weeks (one that I passed really well, the other grade hasn't been released yet), and another ten due in the next 8 weeks! Eeeek! Not too tricky though. I've almost finished two, and have started 3 others.

How is everyone else going?

Ah I am feeling worn down and so not motivated.. but glad I have 2 weeks break starting next week, even though I will (hopefully) be working on assignments and getting stuff started at childcare centre for assignments. I have handed in 4 eassays over the past 4 weeks, only 9 more assignments to go yay! :| I got one essay back last week, I only got a credit (65%), but I just keep telling myself anything that's not a fail is GREAT and it was a good mark for the amount of effort I put into it (I loathe essays lol).

Im not going too well with it all

with all our recent bad news as well and the fact that i have two assignments handed in late - im feeling a bit bogged down with it

Next semester i will be going PT as i am currently working three days and university two and placement two days!!

So next semester i will only have placement one day and uni one day - phew bring it on

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Aw pitapata, I hope next semester will be easier on you, hun.

As for me, I'm going swimmingly. Being external, I don't take uni breaks, and try to pace myself through the weeks we're supposed to have off. Have handed in 3 minor assignments, a major assignment, completed one discussion board topic and am doing my second this week. Only 3 minor assignments, 2 discussion boards and an exam left for the semester, so am feeling on top of it for now.

I've had grades come back for 2 minor assignments and the first discussion board and I've done surprisingly well. I am thinking of taking on two units next semester now because I seem to be coping with studying after Charlie goes to bed, and on weekends. I thought I'd be exhausted and lose motivation but instead, while I am exhausted, I'm loving it.

well done sush!! can you send we some study dust alone with the baby dust

that great news - its really not long till this semester is over - personally i could never pace myself with study or study via correspondence!!! I need classes to keep me on track

I am the same Pitapata, I never could do external with no classes, I just find it way to hard to keep motivated so massive for you sushee! Thats a huge effort!
    Pitapata, bring on next semester for you, sounds like you are doing heaps, no wonder you're tired. You'll be ok though

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Aw thanks girls. I've always been pretty good about managing my time. Not so my social life, but when it comes to stuff like work and uni, I'm pretty focussed.

Having last gone to uni 18 years ago and not really having bothered to attend classes even when I was there, I'm finding managing my own pace of study really suiting me. I am at least a week ahead on the reading and my assignments at any one time, so if Charlie's sick or I'm busy at work, I have some leeway built up, IYKWIM. I couldn't do that if I was going to classes. 2 of my 3 assignments I had ready to go a week early, which was lucky because C was sick the week my major assignment was due. If I'd left it any later, I wouldn't have gotten it in on time.

Lou, I send you baby dust every day, in my thoughts and prayers, hun. But will add study dust now too!