Thread: Vtac Application question claiming your courses

Default Vtac Application question claiming your courses

I'm applying for a university degree as a non-year 12 and I have to fill out a section just wondering what use did on this section below.
    The question concerning Education History Post-Secondary Studies section on the online application. It mentions:

"Now we need to collect information your secondary studies, we need to collect information about any tertiary studies you may be doing or have. You should enter all DEFERRED, ATTEMPTED, CURRENT and completed tertiary studies starting on the next page. If you DO NOT claim all studies any forthcoming offers may be withdrawn."

I have previously been enrolled in other Tertiary courses with shocking results several years back I don't feel comfortable to include my previous courses which require my results posted aswell, I had shocking results as I didn't enjoy the courses. My current course is going extremely well with great grades I have claimed that and will post my results to them. I just think the institute I'm applying to will judge me on my previous courses aswell which I did poorly and wont have the same rights/chances as a non-Post-Secondary-Studies applicant. Should i post my previous poor studies ? Not sure exactly what to do don't want to ruin my application either.

Of course you should.

What would happen if they offered and then withdrew any offers when those results later came up?

You have an opportunity to explain any previous results. I did not attend any of my first year of uni and I wrote a lengthy explanation about the goings on that lead to this. If you have proven you are committed more recently they are more likely to look upon that than your 'GPA' over all.

ETA: I should add that I got a place in the course I was applying for at the time.
    Last edited by The[cookie]Doctor; August 19th, 2010 at 10:41 AM.

When you complete your pi form, after the application, there is a section for explaining previous academic results and why this motivates you to choose the course you are currently choosing. Definitely include all your results because it will look much worse if you are found out later, and everyone has a few blips in their history so I'm sure they will not judge you harshly. Good luck with your application.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    When you complete your pi form, after the application, there is a section for explaining previous academic results and why this motivates you to choose the course you are currently choosing. Definitely include all your results because it will look much worse if you are found out later, and everyone has a few blips in their history so I'm sure they will not judge you harshly. Good luck with your application.
    I Agree!
    I had 2 failed units on my previous degree. Although i did finish it, it was mostly JUST passes, yet i still got in. Certainly better to be honest, and explain it rather than trying to withihold info and then having it back fire on you.
    This time around i have been a lot more intersted and focussed and so far have HD's and D's. People change!

I am also wondering if anyone has had the dillema of getting your final year tafe course results in time to post to vtac ? If I was to apply would I require my final years results ? The only ones I'll have in my hand comfortably are my first years. The closing date is the 10th dec. Anyone able to relate with me ? What can I do ?

Thanks in advance

Apply now, and in your pi form state that you are awaiting some results. I am applying despite not having the minimum requirements (Stat test) and they say they will automatically get the results of this, the same as with high school students who apply in anticipation of good grades. I'm sure tafe results will be the same, but you could give them a call just to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Apply now, and in your pi form state that you are awaiting some results. I am applying despite not having the minimum requirements (Stat test) and they say they will automatically get the results of this, the same as with high school students who apply in anticipation of good grades. I'm sure tafe results will be the same, but you could give them a call just to check.
    I agree again... you give good advice Traveller! lol