Thread: What if I don't fit behind the desks at uni?!?!??!!

Red face What if I don't fit behind the desks at uni?!?!??!!

LOL! Ok I am laughing now, but about 5 minutes ago I was crying...

Uni starts back again today! YAY! FInally something to do... anyway, have made some goals for myself, and attending uni (instead of doing it at home which turned out to be the worst plan ever last semester) is one of them. I have my first lectures today, 3 hrs in total, and I leave for uni in about an hour and a bit.

And I just freaked out because I was thinking about how enormous I am going to get as the semester rolls on, and then I started crying because what if I don't fit behind the desks in the lecture theatre?!?!? The ones at my uni are the ones that you swing up from next to the arm rest..... what if I am too big!?!?! How embarrassing!

I know, thats silly! I'll fit... I am still no where near as large as some of the *ahem* larger students at uni, and I'm sure they fit... So surely I'll fit...

But I panicked LOL!

So........ Good luck to everyone at their first day at uni... And think of me as the semester rolls on!

Oh, and I'll let you all know how much room my belly actually has in the lecture theatre desks! lol!

Oh hun you are so cute!!!! You will be fine and you know what, you can always use a clipboard on your knee (or belly ) to write notes on if you don't fit!
    Like you said though lots of larger people fit ok so Im sure you will be fine!

Yay for uni going back too! Must be exciting for you!
    Good luck with it all!

Didn't have to sit in lecture seats when preg and studying thankfully, but just one tip with it, pick an end seat for when you need to go to the toilet often.

Don't want to worry you, but you may want to watch out for carpal tunnel later in pregnancy. Mine was so bad I could barely write, I worked fulltime on the computer all day and went to uni part-time. I had to ask to be able to type my exam rather than write, it would have taken too long and been unreadable. Thankfully it was held in the computing room as part of the exam was using certain software, so I was allowed to use Word and print my answers.

DoubleK Guest

maybe you could ask for a regular seat, and lean on a folder or clipboard like Tanstar suggested!

im sure they have has pregnant women there before, and had to accomodate to big bellies!

and like you said, there may be people bigger than you will be, and they arent even pregnant

good luck with it! dont stress too much!!

Thanks guys (Astrid.... didn't think of the toilet trips until someone else said it to me...!!!)!

Well, I have about 2cm of growing room with the desks but not too worry as I can just take a clipboard or something if I end up growing too big!

I seemed to be a magnet for pregnant woman and parents, who gave me great pieces of advice for studying while pregnant... that was helpful... All in all a good (but tiring!) day lol.

And already I have things that need to be done :S

Hey Leasha...

What a great problem to have..!!

Glad to see you ummm growing so well...

I have a friend who sits on the left hand isle (if you were standing at the back of the room looking at the lecturer - if that makes sense) and then always made sure that the seat beside her was free. Then she put up the table at the seat beside and rested her pad on that one - but she always had a sturdy pad. Also, in a lot of the lecture theatres at her uni there were a row of left handed tables - this idea works far better if it is a left handed table.

I is something that I never even thought of until she had the problem

I could still fit behind the desk when I was overdue with Yasin but getting in and out took a bit longer....