Thread: why do i feel like dirt?

Default why do i feel like dirt?

this is my first term of uni
    i got my first assesment back which was a HD (was only a multiple chioce quiz so not hard)
    and i just got my 2nd result back and i feel sick to my stomach... all for a D

i know its a great result but i feel terrible...

DOnt be hard on yourself hun. That is a fantastic result!!

And multiple choice are often the hardest exams around as there are always 2 answers that are so similar it is easy to get it wrong.

I remember my first uni assignment I got an HD and it does set your sights high but just remember "P's gets degrees!"

What are you studying out of curiousity?

I agree with the above.

My first assignment this semester was 84%. HD starts at 85%. I was so annoyed!

But I am grateful for anything 50% or over!

If your course is graded on a curve, there are also quotas to how many HDs, Ds, Cs etc that they can give out.
    Its probably just you were on sucha high from getting an HD that you feel a bit dissapointed at the D. Its a great result
    And AliBaby is right, multi guess are normally difficult

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

hun as long as you pass the letters dont matter! at end of the day employers only care that you are qualified not that you got all HD or all just a pass! The difference is that you pass, you have a lot to deal with 2 kids and no family near by and a house to run. Dont beat yourself up. I remember being told in first year uni a D is the difference between a life and a education its still a pass NOT a fail!!!

totally agree with what all the girls have said it is too hard when you set your self such high standards that is an awesome grade don't be hard on your self there is enough stress and anxiety related to just getting the darn assignments done on time with out adding more to yourself for me i am just happy to pass these days but i remember all to well feeling the same way i like to watch my GPA go up but at the end of the day who ever employs me is not going to give a dam how many HD's i got good luck with the rest of the semester and i'm sure you will be just fine

well that whinge was a total waste i just got the results from another and its a P1....

ARGH!! I hate P's!! Hate hate hate them. I got way too many last semester. But as the girls have said - a pass is a pass.

Honey, a pass is a pass, and for the first semester at uni you are going GREAT!

Go and see the lecturer in the consulting hours (or tutor if you have tutorials) and get some feedback on where they think you could do better, what aspects of it could have been different etc.