Thread: AIO's for a fast mover

Default AIO's for a fast mover

Hi all

We currently us flat terries with the BBH PUL covers full time and find they are great. However, the prob is that they are quite fiddly to put on, and my DD does not like to lie still for longer than a second, so nappy change often ends up being a battle to get DD to stay still, which then results in tears. So I was thinking about maybe an AIO for during the day. BUt which one!!! She is a non-stop active little thing, and also a very heavy wetter. How many would I need (I'm planning on still using the cloth flats with boosters at night)?

THanks

Umm... my favourite AIO's are bumg's... monkey doodlez (but more for light wetters if you get the old style, but they have bamboo AIO's now so they would hold up better)... bubblebubs... any with velcro really!!

My toddler LOVES to try and roll away from me - so I'm loving velcro on him at the moment cos its such a PITA trying to get him to sit still and line up snaps on him.. lol

Sammy - you could get away with AIO or pockets that are previously stuffed (ie stuff them and then put them on the changetable ready to go) both of these are as quick and easy as a disposable to put on.

Velcro or hook and loop nappies are the fastest and easiest to use but I found my DD very quickly got the hang of getting these off so around 9-10 mths I had to convert my whole stash to snaps - too pretty to cover up with pants :-)

Heavy wetter - you might find the more absorbant fabrics in MCN will mean your nappies last longer periods of time. My DD can soak a flat in half and hour but our MCN last 4hrs.

We started off with 5 MCN to try out the different ones and see what worked the best. Try a mixed package from one of the online stores

I love the IttiBitti snap in ones they are nice and trim for bubs on the go! lol
    Also the Swaddlebees OSFM pockets are great too. they have a narrower crutch so not so bulky.
    Like Mel, we also love the BumG OSFA pockets.

For ultimate trimness though, cant go past the IB
    If you like I can post you a medium for you to try?

ETA - come on over to the cloth nappy gab-fest lol the girls will have a lot of info for you too Always good to have another lovely to enable lol

Have you tried giving toys, putting up a mobile etc? That's made a huge difference with my wriggler!

And singing songs! Was about the only thing that would distract my DS at that age. Still works sometimes

Special toy or bribe with a biscuit

I'm quite fond of bubblebubs or blueberry pockets for heavy wetters.

twinkle lily do some really nice heavy wetter aio's. They are snaps though............

genessa forge are also really great, you can customise them to be as absorbent as you like, and you can choose between velcro and snaps.......... around $29 each

With DS I have found the BBH Magic Pockets and Pea Pods great cause you can customize the padding. I got extra soaker's for each as DS is a heavy wetter. I also went for the snaps as DS worked out pretty early how to take off Velcro but Velcro would be quicker to put on. We also use a toy or what ever to distract DS on the change table as he is a real wriggler and can flip over before you blink.

Thanks girls, I was at the preg & baby expo on Fri and took the plunge and bought some bumgenius - so far I am very impressed! I've even managed to put them on her standing up!

Thanks for the offer, Limeslice, but I think I better not - if i try anymore I might get addicted and I don't think hubby will be too impressed! He's only just come to terms with my tupperware addiciton and thats largely in part because I am now a demonstrator and get it all cheap (or I win it!)

I always grab a toy or two for her and sing songs, tickle her belly or whatever but still doesn't always help. And we have to change her on the floor as she tries to flip herself off the change table, so the mobile isn't an option (although a great idea that I might do for bub#2 down the track).