Thread: BBH ?

Default BBH ?

I have bbh magicalls and haven't had a problem up til now. I'm finding that they smell as soon as DS does a wee in them. The smell is very strong so need to change him asap. Has anyone else had this problem and how do I fix it?

sounds like they need a good ol' stripwash ?? have you done one already ?

there are a few ways it can be done . the way i know it to get the cheap wahsing up liquid and put 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of it in the wash , then wash the nappies repeatedly until the bubbles run clear (lift the lid to check .) you can do this in hot or cold .. but i'd try hot first .

then hang em in the sun till partially dry and then pul them in the dryer to freshen the PUL and to fluff them back up !! they should be right after that

hth

Thanks Lea. I'll do that tomorrow. I can't stand stinky nappies

Default how did the stripwash go?

I found I had stinky BBH's when I was using far too much detergent... like 1 scoop instead of the recommended quarter to half a scoop. Once I culled the detergent use, the smelliness stopped too.

Mamabear the strip wash seems to have fixed the stinky nappy problem. I also think it was also to do with the fact that I was only doing a "normal" wash instead of a "long" wash cycle. I now do a long wash cycle each time I wash all my nappies.

I found a strip wash did the trick too. I have only had to do it the once in the 15odd months of use! I think I just did a hotter, longer wash with extra rinses. Me thinks it might be time for another.

Regarding detergent quantity: I found my nappies were smellier when using less detergent. I now use just under the normal scoop but changed brands and that did the trick.

I always do a prewash with a few drops of tea tree oil, a long 60C wash and regular rinse with vinegar on a cotton cycle.