Thread: Low Carb Creamy Chicken Recipe - YUMMY!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Low Carb Creamy Chicken Recipe - YUMMY!

This is designed for slow cookers but I cheated and made it fast cooker style lol and it is sooooo yum!!! I changed the recipe - added 2tbs garlic and with the italian seasoning mix just gave it a generous sprinkle given I dont have that brand and no idea what size it is.

Crockpot Creamy Chicken

Ingredients:
    6 Skinless Chicken Breasts (boneless ok also)
    1 Package Good Seasons Italian Mix
    1/4cup Dry Sherry
    1/2cup water
    250g Cream Cheese

Put chicken in crockpot, sprinkle with entire package of dressing mix. Add sherry and water. Cook on low 8 hours if frozen (4 for thawed). Remove chicken from crockpot, keep warm. Add chunk cream cheese and whisk until melted. Can serve over broccoli or aspargus.

Approx. 5g carbohydrates per serving
    Last edited by BellyBelly; January 8th, 2007 at 05:58 PM.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

thanks Kel - will definately be trying this one out :-)

How easy is that?

I think we'll try it tomorrow night. I was just scratching my head, wondering what new and exciting thing I could do with chicken breasts.

Sounds yummy going to check that out tomorrow night 4 tea..

One thing I did to cook it in the frying pan was to chuck it all in (fried the garlic first, then chicken, then liquids then cream) so the creamy sauce had all the garlic and herbs in it... John was impressed too, so will definitely make it again
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!

Sounds good. So Kelly are you low carbing?

Yep, I'm tired of being so tired all the time, and I think the kids have too many carbs at night, so giving it a go Being most strict at dinner though, need to go do a big shop to fill the cupboards with low carb stuff The kids will only have it at dinner.
    Kelly xx

Excellent - I did low carb a few years ago and am trying to get back onto it again. Just email me if you need a link to a good site. Just realised that I have lost my word doc of recipes

We tried this recipe tonight. Couldn't find the seasoning mix and didn't want to guess what it was either so I just used garlic, onion, fresh basil and oregano. We don't have a slow cooker so I put it in the casserole dish and baked it. Went down well, I think ... it's going on the "regulars" dinner list for sure.

Glad you liked it! Great for a low carb recipe - can certainly keep on this one!
    Kelly xx

kerry Guest

bump..