Thread: *waaaaah*

Default *waaaaah*

Last night I was at mum's house & had my camera (Canon EOS 300D) with me. I had put it in a plastic bag with some of Zander's clothed ready to go home & left it on the kitchen bench. I was in the loungeroom waiting to put Zander's pyjamas on when I heard him say something in the kitchen then a big crash. Yep you guessed it, when I got there the camera was on the very hard tiled floor....

I had a UV filter on it which smashed into a million pieces & the threading on the lens seems to be a little bit damaged because it is ever so slightly bent Otherwise all seems good & no other damage *sigh of relief*

Poor baby was so upset because he was trying to help, he was getting the bag to put his car in to take home. He was crying & thought he broke it, must admit though I was close myself too!

Awwwww no Sarah you poor thing and poor Zander wanting to help I hope the thread is ok on it hun, do you think it's something that could be fixed if it's damaged?

OMG Sarah, I would have freaked. You obviously handled it better than I would have. In saying that though, earlier this year when Tehya fell from the top of the cubby house to the cement I actually threw my camera on the grass and ran to her. No harm done to the camera though. They must be quite strong.

Poor Zander, he must have been so upset. Jack loves to help too, I think it's the age. I'm glad the camera is ok - what a great testimonial for them (I love the EOS, we have two, a film camera and a digital). BTW, if you have accidental damage on your home insurance it would likely cover any cost.

He was so upset Trish I couldn't be angry with him & it was a genuine accident with him trying to help me.

Tan, Aaron is going to try & get a new filter today & see if it can fit on, but otherwise it might mean a new lens. I don't like using it without a filter JIC the lens gets dirty / damaged.

Awwww I'm glad it seems that its all ok! Thank goodness. And you are an awesome mummy to keep your cool

Oh no!! I can just imagine how you felt!! I'm glad the camera seems ok tho...

Oh no! Poor Zander (and poor Mummy's camera)!

Take the lens into a camera shop (not sure what's up your way but there is a big one in Melb CBD which has a repair centre attached) and get them to take a look. Depending on how it landed, it may have damaged the inside. I dropped one once (face first. Tripod blew over in the wind... Never ever EVER leave a camera on a tripod unattended! LOL); the outside of the lens looked fine but I had actually compressed the insides... Bonus for me was it was a manual SLR and DH went and bought me a brand new Digital the next day! WOOHOO!. But I hope yours is ok Sarah. If it is broken, see if your contents insurance will cover any repairs/replacement.

MG

Yeah bring it melbourne to be fixed

Ok, on my way now

It's taking photos ok, should I still get it looked at? I suppose no harm in getting it checked, thanks MG.

It may look ok on the screen but not sure about when you go to print... things always look better on a small screen then when you go to increase the size (has to do with the megapixels). But it is up to you if you want to get it looked at. Also keep in mind the cost of any repairs. The reason DH bought me a new camera was it was going to cost more to fix the lens than to buy a new one plus the cost of repairing the camera itself (gee I did a good job!).
    I really hope your camera is ok!

Thanks heaps MG.

I'll pull the photos off when I get home later tonight to see how they look & then take it to the camera shop during the week, with my fingers crossed!

How did you go Sarah?

Photos seem to be working & I haven't had a chance to get to the shops with stuff yesterday & today, so it will probably be tomorrow or Thursday when I get it checked.