Thread: Does anyone have a Panasonic Lumix camera?

Default Does anyone have a Panasonic Lumix camera?

I want to get a new camera and I was leaning towards a canon, but heard about the panasonic lumix cameras, but I don't know a lot about panasonic ones. So are they any good and would you recommend them at all?

We had one of the original ones and I really, really didn't like it. I felt like I had to play around with settings all the time and I couldn't just point and shoot. I loved my old Canon Ixus and replaced the Lumix that I accidentally dropped and broke the lens on (it was accidental!!) with a new Canon Ixus and it is the perfect point and shoot! Takes gorgeous shots quickly and the quality of them is great. We also have a Canon DSLR though so I am a bit biased!

Friends have a Lumix though and they love theirs and I have just seen a Lumix that has come out recently that looks sort of like an SLR but is more point and shoot? Is that what you are looking at??

I have a pink one and its only lasted about a year....

Yep we have one, and it is good, but it isn't a true point and shoot camera ime. DH gets great shots because he knows more about the settings, but I am a bit hit and miss.

We have an older model, but friends have a new one and love it. I think its been simplified.

HTH!

A friend of mine has a Luminx Panasonic G2...she loves the touch screen and scrolling through options and images. Looks and feels like a SLR, but isnt. Shes a blogger, so great for that aspect, and has always been and keen photographer. It's nice and compact too so you're not lugging a big camera around either when you're on the go. She loves it....i loooooooooove her black and white piccies she posts...
    GL..

Quote Originally Posted by Trillian View Post
    I want to get a new camera and I was leaning towards a canon, but heard about the panasonic lumix cameras, but I don't know a lot about panasonic ones. So are they any good and would you recommend them at all?
    A friend has the lumix one you can drop and put in water, etc. She got it because her camera seemed to always be getting broken. She's had it for quite a while now and it takes good photos. Only downside with it is it has an internal battery that you have to plug it in to charge - so it doesn't take normal batteries.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't necessarily need a DSLR, because the zoom is what I want - there is a canon that does a 20x zoom, and the panasonic does 24x, but the panasonic does have the battery pack and the canon takes regular batteries and I love that. I currently have a canon powershot, so that is why I was inclined to get another canon because we can't fault the one we have, but we've outgrown it. Then I was told about the new lumix cameras that are coming out late this month and next month and they are the ones I was looking at. It's just so hard!

We had one and sold it as I didn't think the quality was as good as the canon's we've had.... we ended up with another canon

we have the panasonic lumix and although i like it, i LOVE the canon we had and wished that we had of just upgraded instead of switching. FWIW canon are the leaders in digital technology and i reckon it shows!