Thread: Indoor pics.....

Red face Indoor pics.....

Help all you photography experts!

I have a new Panasonic Lumix 10x zoom camera. It takes amazing photos - outside. Inside where I often take pics of Izzy the photos always end up dark in the background and she is over exposed. It is a fairly well lit room. What can I do to take better photos?? Ive tried being futher away from her and zooming in, or turning the light on.

There is a function for exposure on it - going from 0- up and 0 down into negative but the instructions dont really explain how that works.

TIA

have you turned the flash off??? thats what happens to my pics and i finally worked out it was the flash and now good pics!

Does it have a white balance setting? What about a portrait setting or the ability to turn the flash off?

The white balance can change the light metering from bright sunlight to tungsten (globe) or fluroescent which can improve the pictures.

Turning the flash off will stop the overexposure of Izzy but may not give you enough light for the photo to be taken before she moves so you will get blurring.

Michelle - thats exactly what happens when I turn it off, I just get blurry pis. Will look into the white balance setting and see if it has one.

If the camera hasa zoom, try to zoom out then in again. Or take a photo of something else further away and then go back to Izzy. I've had this happen a couple of times when I've been in auto mode and it can usually be rectified by taking a pic of something else and then coming back to DD.
    The other thing could be that you are too close so the flash just "bounces" making her overexposed.

HTH

MG

Also maybe use your zoom.... move futher away from Izzy then zoom in and use the flash...