Thread: need photoshop help!!!

DoubleK Guest

Default need photoshop help!!!

ok photoshop gurus.. i need your help!

i took this fantastic photo of krystal at the beach @ phillip island, i want to get it printed as big as i can (i have uploaded to my gallery if u want to have a look)
    but theres something i want to do with it first.. i hope i can explain ok!

i want to put another two photos on top of this one, to the left of the pic, one under the other...

i hope someone gets what i mean!! and can help me!!!!

DoubleK Guest

i tried a couple of things.. but they didnt work!

help please!!!!

Do you mean you want to have two completely different photos on it? i'll upload what I think you mean then I can explain if it's right

BTW the beach picture is great Do you want the date left in or I can help you to remove that too.

DoubleK Guest

oh Sarah thats exactly what i mean!!

and also, ill remove the date if it can be done!!

Okey dokey firstly we'll do the adding of the two photos...

What you need to do is have all three photos open. Go to one of the ones you want on top of the beach one & adjust the size go to Image > Image Size and change it there. This bit takes a bit of fiddling to get it right so don't worry if it's too big/small the first time. Once you've changed it you have to copy it onto the beach photo. So still on the adjusted size photo go ctrl A (select all), ctrl C (copy) and then click on the main photo & ctrl V (paste). If it's too big / small go to your third panel on the right which should have history & just click on the 2nd last action (it will probably be "Open") and this will remove the picture. Go back to the adjusted one & fiddle with the sizing then bring it to the main photo until you have what you want.

Once you have the first photo right, do the same with the second.

To add on some shadow for them to stand out is pretty easy. On the bottom panel on the right, all the way at the bottom are some little icons. There is one there that's a circle with an F in it. Click on that then Drop Shadow in the menu that pops up. You can play with the settings in there & just have a look at the different effects it makes. Play until it looks like you want it to

For the date on the bottom....

On your left panel where all of your functions are look at the left hand column. You should have the square select, lassoo, crop & then a weird rounded thingo. The rounded thingo is called "spot healing" you need to select it. It should be a fairly small sized circle, leaving it at that size works best IMO. Then you just have to do one click at a time with it over the date. It takes ages, but you should see it from the first click that the date is going & the picture underneath is clearing up.

I have another way to do it as well, but my Mac battery is dying so will have to come back later, I really should remember to charge it overnight

DoubleK Guest

thanks heaps sarah! ill give it a go and let you know how i go..

maybe i should have made the thread title 'Sarah i need your help!?'

DoubleK Guest

ok i did all that... but when i paste it onto the main photo, it goes straight to the centre.. how do i move it to where i want it?

Ooh sorry, I knew I forgot something!!

On the left hand panel, the top icon on the right column is an arrow with like a north/south/east/west arrow next to it. Have it selected & on the right hand bottom panel make sure you've got the layer with the small photo selected. You can just then click & hold onto the photo & drag it around where you want it.

Screenshot of photoshop http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...08/ppuser/3145

each photo you copy into the main one in photoshop puts itself on a new layer (I rename my layers to useful names instead of "layer 1" "layer 2" etc)

make sure you have the "move" button on the toolbar selected

click on the layer of the image you want to move, then move it around - you can also re-size/re-scale each layer by going "Edit" "Transform" then you can scale it (if you want to keep the same proportions then hold down your shift key when you resize), rotate it etc

HTH

DoubleK Guest

thanks ladies! i'll try again!