Thread: "photobooks"

DoubleK Guest

Default "photobooks"

I'm thinking about getting some photo books printed, ive had a look at a few different sites, ive picked one site that ive read through (album printer.com), and had a look at their products. im leaning toards the $79 A4 medium book. it can have 40-200 photos.

my thinking is that i will do one for every year - starting when Krystal was born, so 2006, then one for 2007, and then another at the end of this year.

has anyone made one of these? did it work out how you hoped? is it worth the money?

id love to hear from anyone who has used a program like this!

I haven't made one but I'm keen too!

Momento are supposed to be pretty good so I've heard.

Yep we did a momento one Sammi. Gave it to my mum for mother's day last year with photo's we had taken at her 50th party earlier on in the year. We went to harvey norman and picked up the starter disk which was about 10 bucks and it had a voucher inside for a discount for $30 i think. I noticed a few months ago while at HN, that they now have different priced disks, so basically if you buy a $50 starter disk, you get a voucher for $50 off your order. Not really enticing.

Anyway, we are pretty happy with it, and mum loves it. We got a link to send to friends/family to check the book out so when we figured out it wouldn't arrive in time for mothers day we showed it to her on the computer.

DH and I thought the paper might have been a tad thicker, but the pages were nice and glossy and the photo's came out beautifully.
    You can download the program from their website for free, and then continue to get the updates, but I haven't updated since about April/May last year.

Program was pretty good to use, took a bit to work out at first, but we got there. I don't know what it is like to use now though with all their updated versions over the last year.

Ours was definately worth the money Krystal Ball

Nic

DoubleK Guest

thank you so much guys!! ill definitely be looking into it a bit more before i download any programs!

thanks again, ill let u know what i chose and how i go!

Carly thanks for the advice!

I do wonder about the longevity of some photos printed by laser printers and hadn't thought the books would be done the same. But the prices make it seem logical they would be.

DoubleK Guest

yeh i just assumed that they would last forever!

RachelPower Guest

I used MyPhotoFun and made a photo diary that was never in my handbag when I needed it, the kids like to read through it to make up stories according to the photos!

The quality was incredible and it was more like an album than a diary, it did mean that I always had photos on hand throughout the year too.

If you want to know about how long they will last check with them about the "archival quality" - most of them do tend to address this in their FAQ's

Hope that helps

Rachel Power