Thread: Photobooks - Recommendations?

Default Photobooks - Recommendations?

Hi Guys,

I have just got back a 71 page photobook I sent to Big W Photos for printing, and I am really disappointed with the results. I did the layouts myself in photoshop because they include some more scrapbook-y elements that Big W's software doesn't let you do, but the picture quality in the photobook is terrible, AND they've cut off the bottom and right 1.2cm of each page(!). So I'm really unhappy with it and it's on it's way back for hopefully a refund.

Does anyone here do photobooks or get digital scrapbooking layouts printed? And if so, who do you use? I know Creative Memories do 30cm x 30cm books, but you have to pay $69.99 for their software to print full-page images. And Target Photobooks do them, but they are a LOT more expensive and I'm hesitant to go with a big chain seeing as the Big W one turned out so poorly.

I have a friend who got an xBook one done for their holiday and it looks really good, but unfortunately they don't do a 30cm x 30cm book.

The iPhoto books are really good. Easy to use, and come back looking really good. Sorry can't help with anything non-Mac LOL. I'm completely out of touch these days.

have you checked out momento - software is free, books exxy, but they have really good quality for what i've seen

Officeworks were BRILLIANT with our wedding photo book. I can highly recommend them.

There was anothr thread about this a couple of weeks ago.

I love Snapfish (through Rabbit Photos). You can design your book on-line. Don't have to pay for the program. They can post it out or you can pick up. Everything i have had from them has been greaat quality. Decent prices, and if you sign up, they e-mail a discount coupon for a different product each month. Quick turn around.

(google either Snapfish or Rabbit photos and you will find them)

Shalou Guest

I use snapfish too. I paid less than $40 for my photo book and love it. I get all my prints done through them too and get them in the mail in less than a week. I really recommend them

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Snapfish fan here also.
    Havent done a photobook yet but friends have and its great! I have done mugs and chrissy tree decorations.

Quote Originally Posted by briggsy's girl View Post
    have you checked out momento - software is free, books exxy, but they have really good quality for what i've seen
    Yep, have to agree with Momento. They might be a little bit more pricey than some others, but heaps of features and like BG said, you can download for free from their website, or buy the disc from Harvey Norman. They use to have different priced ones, so, say you bought one that was $29.95, there would be a voucher inside (for the same amount) to use on the website once you placed your order. When you buy the disc, we found that we still had to go to their website to update to the latest version anyway, so we might as well have downloaded direct from the website.

I loved the fact that once we ordered, we could send a link for family/friends to check out our book online.

Nic

I'm a snapfish fan too! Highly reccommend them