Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photoshop anyone?

DoubleK Guest

Question Photoshop anyone?

Hi!

my dp has just installed photoshop for me, as i told him i wanted a photo editing program... the only problem is, i have no idea what im doing with it!

i tried reading the help section, but it all goes into a blur.. i usually like to figure things out for myself, but this one is wayy over my head!

i had a play around with some of the things, but all i can manage to do is like change the 'texture' look of the pic... lol

can anyone tell me if there is more to photo shop!! lol

Rachy

You can do heaps on photoshop, i've got 7.0, got it about a month ago. What are you wanting to do? Maybe (maybe lol!) I can help?

P.S. Took me AGES to work it out, and I still think there is heaps more to it that I have no idea about!

Rachael, what are you trying to do first of all? Is it just general photo manipulation? I should be able to give you a hand if you can tell me what you want to do. I can give you some lessons

Its great once you get the hang of it!! It is hard to work your way around to begin with.
    Like the girls said let us know what you are trying to do and we'll see if we can help (BTW I am still learning a lot of it too )

Tanya

I've been fiddling around with it for about a year and I still have problems doing stuff lol.

What version is it?
    Get in to your library and get a book so you can sit down with it on your lap in front of the PC and work through stuff.
    There is also a great help section and if you google photoshop tutorials you will find heaps out there. It's just a matter of spending the time to practice it.

eg if you want to learn how to remove red eye then put into google "photoshop red eye removal tutorial" and there will be stacks of online stuff.

Yesterday I was determined to make a watermark for my photos and I found both how to make one and then how to make it an action from an online tutorial

We have Photoshop (Dh is a photographer so knows what he is doing) but I've not had much luck with it. I use Fotostation Pro instead - much simpler and more streamlined for home use.

Defintely do a tutorial or two. Or get lessons from someone. It is a professional program and can do sooooo much stuff! But I am coming to realise that you have to 'speak its language', LOL! I too like to work things out myself, and you can do that on ps to an extent, but its good to learn the basics from someone or a tutorial first, IMO.
    Good luck with it and happy snappin!

Yeah, I use Photoshop a bit. Same here, drop me a line if there is anything specific I can help you with.

My tip - if you only have to to learn one thing - learn about Layers and Layer Blending Options. Opens up an absolute world of possiblities....

DoubleK Guest

thanks everyone

i already use my kodak program to remove red eye & crop the photos, but i'd like to do more. ive seen a lot of photos on things like myspace etc that have different colour tints to them, one person had a picture at a park, the little girl in the pic and the thing she was playing on was in colour, and the background was black and white... looked gorgeous... also another had a close up of a bub with blue eyes, and everything else was black and white. i want to do things like that!!

hope that all makes sense! i'd love it if someone could help me!!

Rach

I have paint shop pro and that's hard enough to work out, I'd really like to get photo shop, how much did it cost you?
    I hope you can figure it out soon!! I agree google tutorials, that's what I do with my program and there's heaps that tell you exactly what to do.

Ok I help with the colour with black & white background

What you need to do is open your picture then copy it, so ctrl a (select all), ctrl c (copy), ctrl n (new), enter, ctrl v (paste). Change that new one into B&W. Then copy & paste it over top of the coloured one. Use the erase tool to remove the B&W parts where you want the colour to be seen. It can be really fiddly, but it looks very cool once it's done. I usually tweak the contrast on the B&W as well, to make it even more dramatic.

oh Sarah... lol... I do it completely differently to you!!

How do you do it Tanya?

DoubleK Guest

ohhh Sarah i love you.. lol

i was looking through all the tab thingys, the one that says filter.. it has all different things you can do... what are they for? (if that makes sense... like, how do i use them?)

i would be happy just to try a few things, anyone got a particular edit they like to do??

thanks for all the replies!!

DoubleK Guest

how do i change it to black and white?!?!?! lol

DoubleK Guest

ohh i got it... lol

DoubleK Guest

ok, how do i go back to the colour one?? omg... lol

DoubleK Guest

ok, i apologise for all these posts.. lol i managed to have a black and white photo with blue eyes.... looks gorgeous... while doing that i found where to change the brightness etc.. which will help!! lol

any idea if i can change a pic to have like a pink tint, or blue... ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast