Thread: Recommend me a camera that take great shots?

Question Recommend me a camera that takes AMAZING photos?

I currently have simple Sony cyber-shot, which has been a good compact camera, easy to use takes decent pics etc. But i'm after something Bigger and better...i don't no much about cameras i'm afraid but i want a Camera which will take Amazing foolproof photos!

i am wanting to get more into photography as its my favorite thing in world to do.. especially since having DD..

So ideally id like :
    *It to be a great easy to use/function first proper camera.
    * it not to be too exxy but good Quality too i'm probably talking 600ish maybe a little more depending on how good this camera is(in saying that could be cheaper i'm not sure how much i'm looking at for what i want). i use my camera almost everyday so i know it will get use/ it will be an investment to have for me. Any one whos friends with me on fb will know how many pics i put up n how often lol

So share with me what camera you have- likes/dislikes?
    what cameras you recommend ?
    how much roughly ill be looking at?

This is something ill be saving up for, as its something i really want to get into so any tips/hints on what i should be looking for would be great

Thx guys xx

p.s ive heard canon EOS are really good?
    Last edited by Butterfly Child; July 26th, 2010 at 11:48 AM.

Hey BC,

I bought a Canon EOS 1000D DSLR about 18 months ago and I am still seriously in love with it. There's heaps of in depth features that I still don't really know how to use, but there's also heaps of 'automatic' / point and shoot features that take beautiful, clear pictures.

I had a look in Harvey Norman last weekend and they are about $650 with the 2 lense kit.

HTH

Nic