Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Alana and Cystic Fibrosis

im so sorry you are having to go through this - my thoughts are with you, alana & your family & i really hope that all these tests show up nothing - sending huge hugs

I'm sorry I dont have the right words to say.....
    I wish for Alana, yourself & Frank that this would all just go away & leave you alone to get on with your lives...

I cant imagine how hard it is for you & your family....

Please know that we all wish you the best...

I hope the tests all come back just as you hoped for!!!

Lara I just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you and to send you a big *hug*
    I'm glad that Alana enjoyed playgroup, and I bet you did too.
    All the best for the Bronchoscopy in March.

Thank you everyone for your posts. You guys are great!

Michelle, actually Frank and I are going away the weekend of the 25th. Cystic Fibrosis Victoria are holding a Couples weekend away to Daylesford and we were able to go. My parents are going to look after Alana. I have never left Alana so I am a little nervous, but trust my parents completely. Its a well needed break.

Mooshie thanks for the info. I think if they don't offer for me to go in with her, I will ask.

Rose sometimes I forget to let myself just feel stuff, iykwim. Mothers especially feel that they need to be the strong ones. I just hold it in and then one day it all boils over. Not the best way to deal I guess.

Shannon I can always count on you to understand.

Thanks everyone!

Lara - you are most welcome to have all the hugs we can send, and enjoy that weekend away sounds like bliss. You will def miss Alana butit will help you feel strong and fresh again, just what the doctor ordered.

Best wishes Michelle

Hi Lara,
    my 16 month old daughter Ebony has cf! I hope that your buba is doing well! I hope that she doesn't get sick very often! Keep up the good work! If you have any questions i might be able to answer them for you?!
    I am currently 8 weeks pregnant so we are doing cvs at 12 weeks! I think that it is better to find out now if this baby has CF.

Hi Katie! Wow never expected another mummy with a CFer on BB.

Congratulations on your new bub. I hope all goes well. I guess the benefit of knowing this bub has CF (or not) before he/she being born is being prepared. I wish that I had that before Alana was born! I would prefer that then a phone call at 7 weeks old.

Alana has been very good. We are all getting over a cold at the moment. Alana infact has beaten her cold better than me. Go figure! I have just been given antibiotics as it won't go. Nothing for Alana!!!!

How has Ebony been? I hope well. When was she dx?

Ebony has been really well! I try and keep her away from everyone that is really sick! She has a better immune system than me!
    We found out ebony had cf when she was about 2 months old. Had to go to melbourne and she was admitted because she was so tiny. I cryed the whole time i couldn't even talk i would just burst into tears. When we got home Ebony was really sick she ended up with pnmonia (how ever you spell it) in both her lungs, with a drip in her arm and help breathing with the tubes in her nose. Very scary cause we nearly lost her!
    We actually put an article in the practical parenting Magazine about CF.
    If you want another baby then talk to someone in genetics. They will tell you all of you options.

I didn't realize but Ebony and Alana are about the same age! Wow!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678