Thread: Carers / companion card

Default Carers / companion card

Just wanted to share something that many of us would find extremely helpful.

A companion card is a card that is used for ANYONE who accompanies a child/person with a life long disability. THe card has a picture of the person with the disability on it and it means that if for example this person was going to the movies, a show, anything that the career for that person gets in free of charge. Its a very touch thing to recieve but it might be usefull for those of us who know our children can not attend anything without a career there.

You do need to get some passport pics and have paperwork signed from your doctor though.
    Their email is
    Companion Card

A careers card is for a person who care's for individual's. The card is used to receive discounts from companies, shops ect as way of these places saying thanks to us.

Victoria's Career's card webpage is
    Carer Card - Home

EVERY state has one so if you dont live in Vic replace it with your state.

Hope that this helps alittle bit

What a fabulous idea, would be very helpful

you beat me to it Maz - i seen this at work this morning - i was going to find the public details and post something tonight!

great minds think alike

I actually rang the companion card and found the lady on the other end a bit ummm blunt even though I told her 3 times I knew what was involved I had a feeling she has alot of people who think they can apply for it when infact they cant.