Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Felix's Chronic Interstatial Pneumonitis

kirsty Guest

I hope that your little man is still on the improve & can manage to get a bit better without having to go on anitbiotics.

Sending loads of hugs that all went well with the follow up at the hospital this morning. Home is a more relaxing place for the both of you to be if it is possible, so enjoy.

Look forward to hearing more great news about Felix.

Great to hear that he is starting to get better, Katanya!!

katanya Guest

Unfortunately another really yucky night with lots of coughing and vomiting and crying..no temp though which is what the hospital said to look for infection.

I am taking him to the local GP today who is really great with him, I can't stand another visit to the emergency department to have him manhandled by inexpereinced doctors(triage residents) only to wait 3 hours to see a Paediatrician.. ](*,)

I wish I'd didn't have to take him to all these Doctors, but I am worried that it will develop into bronchialitis or pneumonia, so have to keep on top of it..

Thanks for asking Shannon

Sorry to hear he's still unwell, Katanya! How did you go at the GP?

katanya Guest

thanks guys, the GP is onlyfairly new to him but a fantatsic doctor he has told me I can just turn up at the sugery without an appointment and he'll see him..which saves us SOO much time and energy rather than going to hospital all the time..

He was a little concerned about whether to administer antibiotics or not, because he doesn't want him to build up an immunity to them, he siad his chest is very wet but not infected, so he wants to wait and see..but he told me if he worsened to turn up at the surgery tomorrow morning..

Felix beenplaying today so still up and about during the day..anyhow he's gfighting off infection which is great...go breastmilk

Wow what a great GP! Glad to hear Felix has been well enough to play. Hope he's been okay today.

katanya Guest

Well today he has turned the corner, definately getting better not worse, I am so happy we didn't go with the antibiotics..he even went to childcare for a few hours while I had my hair cut and she said he was fine!

He is so good today I can't believe it, it's as if he's just throw the bug off! Kidas are incrediabkle creatures, he never milks the attention from being sick for a second..

Good to hear Felix is better Katanya. Now stay away bugs!!!!!!!

Katanya that is great news that Felix has shaken his bug off so easily!! Must be a huge relief...

and Woohoo for a new haricut!

Katanya his immune system must be getting better if he has given that virus the boot so quickly. That's great!

katanya Guest

Unfortunately he's still waking up crying with his coughing, he actually tried to sleep sitting up crossed legged last night it was kind of cute if it wasn't sad..I ended up sleeping him across my stomach..so he was elevated..

I am so happy his immune system has beaten this so well, lets just hope it can keep up..I wish he would a bit more because it's really taking it toll on his weight but I have to let him body do it's own thing..

My breast were leaking after him getting better yesterday because he was feeding so much while he was sick..I had to beg him to drain one because it was so swollen and full I thought I'd get mastitis 8-[ I am kind in shock that even at 15 months my breasts could contain so much milk

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww... poor little Felix trying to sleep sitting up.
    How is he this week, Katanya? Any better?

*Yvette* Guest

Sorry to hear Felix has been so sick Katanya. Hope he's still on the improve, & the new GP sounds good.

Shannon you read my mind 8-[ I've noticed your absence too, and I'm hoping it's just because you're having a bit of R and R down there on the mountain top.

Trust all's well with your little hero.

katanya Guest

no we went to sydney for 4 days..nice to know I was missed..a rather awful time down there health wise but will post more later

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww... sorry to hear that, Katanya. :hugs:

katanya Guest

Just popping back in to say that when we got to Sydney, he was great, had a great flight, great first day and then that night was just beside himself, crying all through the night, and the next morning wouldn't feed, and just cried, looked in his mouth and he had all these white ulcers in there..my friend drove us to Manly where I showed the chemist, he wanted him to see a Doctor because he was also breathing heavily (of course I was less concerned because that's more normal for him) so we managed to get into a local clinic straight away..

Turns out a nasty case of oral thrush..got drops for his mouth and though he was still not that great had a reasonable rest of the day..went for a beach walk and he and my friends son played in the sand..

That night lots of night waking and crying..had to give him drops through night..
    Went to Manly walking around and had a good day till we went back to her house..he had a sleep and woke up screaming, looked in nappy, had a bad rash, put him in the bath, more screaming..so we bundled him back up and took him back to the doctor..turns out thrush went to his bottom..more cream prescribed, then worried that my friends baby would contract it.. as you can imagine I was EXHAUSTED at this point, from all this and having to tell him not touch anything at their apartment, and not to share toys with my friends baby.(bought op shop toys so he could play with them)

It was great seeing my friend and her son, but ot we were so glad to get home, since he got home he has inproved in everything out of sight..his breathing isn't great still but no infections at least..he's eating again, lets home we can catch him so he can have a decent weigh in thsi friday [-o<

oh no! Poor Felix at thrush!!!

[-o< I hope all goes good on Friday.... *fingers crossed for weight gain!!*

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast