Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hydrocele

Hi Girls

We are home. Andrew went in to the operating theatre while they put Lachlan under, so Lachlan had a familar face, and Andrew walked out bawling. That was the hardest part of the whole day, you never see him cry !! As soon as he woke up in recovery which wasn't long at all maybe 30 or so min after Andrew leaving him, we got taken straight to him. He was in the nurses arms and I took him and he started thrashing around a bit mainly cause he really was still out of it. By 10.15 (1hr after Andrew left him in the OR) we were back down in the childrens ward, where he basically slept in our arms on and off till 1pm. He had something to eat and was good as gold after that, and we left the hospital an hour later. He hasn't slept since being home has gone off playing.

Love

I'm glad it went well. Poor Andrew, it must have been hard for him the poor guy. So how were you through all this? So do you have to take him for a check up in a while?

I had tears in my eyes watching Andrew bawl his eyes out, and I dont' think I will forget the scared look on lach's face when he looked back as the nurses and Andrew took him to the OR, but apart from that I was okay. There would have been no way I could have gone into the OR while he was put under, andrew said he was fine until Lachlan went limp in his arms as Andrew held him while the doctors put lach under.

There is no follow-up needed only if something goes wrong at the entry site, like infection etc.

Love

Tigergirl1980 Guest

OMG what a heartbreaking story. Poor Andrew So glad to hear that all is well though and that he was already up and playing. what a little trooper you've got there Kat.

Yeah tell ya what you realise how strong he really is in that thrashing stage cause he was doing it in my arms, but I managed to settle him okay and they allowed me to carry him back to the ward while they wheeled his cot behind us. They said that they don't usually allow the parents to carry their kids back they must be in the cot, but we tried and the nurse said he would probably do himself damage in the cot with the thrashing about and I had him relatively calm.

Love

I'm so glad to hear that it went well & the nurses had Lachlan's best interest at heart. How scary for Andrew & for you! I have cried a few times holding my dogs until they are under a general anaesthetic I can't imagine when its your child!!

Oh Kat I'm so happy to hear that it all went well, and that Lachlan has been playing happily again this arvo.
    It still must have been a pretty worrying day for you and Andrew to go through... *hugs* to all of you....

kirsty Guest

I'm so glad to hear that all has gone well with Lach's surgery, must have been pretty scary for you both waiting for him to come out. You are a braver woman than me ~ I would've been bawling my eyes out until I set eyes on him again.

Glad to hear all went well.

I know how Andrew felt. I was there with Alana's Bronch. It was heartbreaking as she just cried and cried until she fell asleep. I think its good that you were able to go in to recovery quick. Kids need there mummy's when there upset.

Thank goodness it went well Kathryn and the nurses sound great. Yay for Lachlan recovering so soon - what a trooper he is!

Iris that is what Andrew said as well, Lachlan just cried and cried till there was nothing. Andrew still couldn't really talk about without breaking down till late last night. Poor thing. As for Lachlan you wouldn't even know, he slept from 7pm till 6.30am in my bed as we had to watch him for 24hrs and has been running around and screaming with the best of them this morning lmao.

Love

So glad it all went well, hopefully it is the one and only time you ever have to do, hugs to Andrew too. PMSL at him running around crazy, that is great though.

Best wishes Michelle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12