Thread: Jordans getting MCU test tommorow for Kidneys..

mizzsocial Guest

Default Jordans getting MCU test tommorow for Kidneys..

This is the test which will determine exactly whats wrong with his kidneys.. at the moment his left is 10cm and right is 6cm... we are getting the test done coz the left is a bit worrying...

Anyone had this done? im really nervous..

I haven't had this done, but I hope it goes really well and you get the answers you need.

Just wanted to wish you guys luck for tomorrow, and to say I'll be thinking of you. When will you have some results back?

Nic

Good luck Mizz. Let us know what happens, thinking of you.

mizzsocial Guest

results ill get the following wednesday, but hopefully the sonographer will be able to tell me something tommorow..

How did everything go today ?

I've only just seen this post. As i said before Alex has had it done and it was worse for me to watch that it was for him.

mizzsocial Guest

Jordan was so brave.. he cried when they put the cathader in, but then i gave him a bottle and he was fine and calm the rest of the test, im so glad its all over and done wtih..

Michelle i get results next wednesday, ill post an updated then ..

Yes James had this done when he was about 2 days old!
    I think the MCU was for reflux which James didn't have. He had a further test when he was 7 days old which was called a MAG3 which Jordan may also need. This shows if there is any blockages in the kidneys.
    James just got home yesterday from having his kidney operation yesterday. Both kidneys were too big so the operation was on both sides. I guess you are going to the Children's? Do you have a Urologist yet? If so who are they?
    Cheers
    Corr

mizzsocial Guest

hey Corr, why did James have to have to operation? was it for a blockage? how big were his kidneys?
    Ill know more on wednesday so ill update then..

Hows James recovering?

I hope all goes well with your appt today Mizzsocial and you get good news.

mizzsocial Guest

we got results... it was NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG we are sooooooooo thrilled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After finding out about the slight dilatation at my 18 weeks ultrasound we have always been stressing over this .. and today we were told, even though they are still slightly enlarged, they are both normal!

No reflux, no obstruction, no blockage!!! YAY :P

He has to go back in 3 months for a follow up ultrasound, just to make sure they havent gone extremly large or anything, and there is only a 2% chance of that happening..

IM OVER THE MOON

That is wonderful news that everything is okay with Jordans kidneys. Hopefully things will stay as they are and his kidneys will not get much bigger.

Wow well done Jordan! Best wishes!

That's excellent news!

That's fantastic news!!

Nic