Thread: Mobius Syndrome

Default Mobius Syndrome

I've been feeling unsure about being a mum ever since my little Chloe was born 9 weeks ago. I never thought being a parent would be so difficult and I was feeling down on myself because I thought I couldn't cope with the simplest activities. Last week I found out why things have been so difficult - our little girl might have Mobius Syndrome. The paedeatrician says she may never smile or be able to move her eyes from side to side. I am really sad about it at the moment, but in a way now I'm a little more confident that I'd be able to cope with a 'normal' baby. Has anyone else come across Mobius Syndrome before?

Rosy, I have never heard of Mobius Syndrome and I really hope that this isn't the case for you and little Chloe.

Just want to give you a huge hug honey. I hope that all turns out ok for you guys.

I have heard of this but never seen it. I really hope this is what is wrong with your little girl. :hugs:

Rosy I hope Chloe doesnt' have Mobius Syndrome. Unfortunately I dont know anything about it. I would also say its' perfectly normal to feel down after your bubs is born, I know with both, I was depressed for a good 6 weeks. After that time it is probably worth going to see someone incase it is PND. I hope all goes well for you, at least you've found belly belly, there will be lots of support for you here xoxoox

I do not know much about it, other than its really quite rare.
    Is the paed. sure that she has this, or are they checking?

I hope you get a diagnosis either way to help you know if/what you are dealing with.

We have just received confirmation that Chloe has Moebius Syndrome. This means two of her facial nerves have a degree of paralysis. That is why she has no facial expression and her eyes don't move properly. At the moment the Drs think her eyesight and hearing are both perfectly fine, which is a good sign. We have to wait now for some more tests to see whether any parts of her brain are involved, (fingers crossed it's not). Fortunately we have a group of great doctors, so I am confident we will get through this.

Hi Rosy,

I'm sorry that Chloe has this to contend with, but pleased that you have a diagnosis and a group of doctors that your trust.

I will be thinking of you, I hope things go well.