Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: special child

Shannon, Firstly congrats on being mom, And yes Samual is really loving Kinder, we have just filled out all the paper work for next year. we have decided to have him repeat kinder as he is still really struggling to keep up with the other children.

He is doing really well at the moment. Thank you so much for thinking of us.

Nola, your story made me cry. I was so moved. He is truly a special child, and he was put on this earth for a reason. I pray that everything will be ok.
    Simone, Xander and Declan xxxxx

shreya Guest

dear nola,
    Im a mother of a special child too. My only son is autisitic with no speech at all and he is already 8 yrs. old.He is a beautiful boy , very obedient and very affectionate. He has v. little academic skills but extremely independant.. Much as I would like him to interact with other kids ,and he wants to play with other children too but they avoid him since he has certain behavioural problems too. It does hurt me a lot when I see other children calling him names and making fun of him but he is so innocent he does not understand all this.. My heart just skips a beat when I think about his future .. I am helpless and depressed too. So dear nola, do not lose hope . We understand each others problems very well. We just have to put in our best and leave it to God to do the rest.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Nola this is the first time I've seen this too, and wanted to tell you how fortunate Samuel is to have wonderful, supportive, positive parents. I am Catholic and I too now believe every child is a gift from God. Samuel has more than proven this by bucking the odds and showing everyone what an amazing boy he is!

And now as a wonderful footnote, he's going to be an amazing big brother to boot!

Nola,

You know I think yourself & Michael are blessed to have Samual in your lives as he is to have been sent to you... He is going to be the best big brother anyone could ask for!!!!

Shreya, may I ask (if your still around) where do you live? My daughter (almost 8yrs) has an inbuilt Mummying/caring qulaity... In prep she started school & there is a girl with severe Cerebral Palsy in her grade & from day 1, maddison has assisted her in putting her bag & coat away, hooking her hat on her hook, after finishing her own school work Maddison asks if she can help this other girl.. I was a bit worried initially that Maddison wasnt letting this girl achieve on her own & may have actually been suffocating her a little. But I was advised by the teachers & this girls parents that it was muchly appreciated.. The little girl gets invited to all the other students birthdays she is well & truly part of the class & school & never left out! Maddison took her under her wing, Maddison is exceptionally confident & popular at the school, so this little girl has now got a broad range of friends. Maddison doesnt do as much for her now as she said she is starting to do most things by herself...

Just wondering whereabouts your located & maybe if there is a school/ or something nearby, where he could go to interact with kids that are a bit older & will interact with him???

Best wishes!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12