Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 BLS recipes

Default 100 BLS recipes

I was given access to a PDF of 100 BLS recipes through another online group I'm in. I've just flicked through it and some of the recipes are great ideas, I'll definitely be giving them a go, especially when I run out of lunch ideas, which is quite often!

If anyone wants the link to it send me a PM and I'll be happy to share it.

i'm glad at least the first post in this thread survived!

i made the chicken & apple fingers last night & they went ok. DS didn't eat heaps, but he's a bit hit & miss with meat so the fact that he tried them & ate some is a thumbs up from me!

Thanks for sending me this. I made the chicken and apple fingers last night too! Except I used turkey. DD loved them.

I got permission to post the link here from the mods as my inbox was struggling a bit with all the requests, but it got lost when all the data went over the last 2 weeks, so here it is again:

http://www.sept09bbccontest.com/100BLWrecipes.pdf

Double post

Thanks for the PM hun - So far ive only made the Apple&Cinnamon Pancakes and the Baby Meatballs, both of which DD loved!!

No probs

I had to post and run earlier coz DD was crying, but I just wanted to come back to let you know what we've tried.

I made the chicken and apple fingers too, and they went down well, which I was pleased about coz DD's not a big meat fan either. They freeze really well too.

The cheesy vegetable nuggets were really dissapointing, they just ran together into a big gooey mess (it tasted ok though!)

I made the fruity part biscuits at the weekend, they seemed popular at first, but since the first one DD hasn't been interested. I quite like them though

Quote Originally Posted by Balmaingal View Post

I made the fruity part biscuits at the weekend, they seemed popular at first, but since the first one DD hasn't been interested. I quite like them though

I know! - some of these receipes are good for us big kids!!

Ooh, I made the beef & beer casserole tonight and it went down really really well with everyone. DD isn't usually keen on random lumps of meat but she tucked into this straight away. I doubled the recipe because we've got a houseful at the moment, and had to cook it much longer than the recipe said.... about 3 hours in total. I also added some herbs.

Thanks chicky!! That is awesome, look forward to trying these recipes!!

I've so far tried the scone, the Baby Cheesecake and the French toast; all so easy and delicious. Unfortunately all devoured by me before DD had much of a try lol

Thank you for this Balmaingal

Quote Originally Posted by willow5 View Post
    Thank you for this Balmaingal
    No problem!

Turtleschell, we're digging into quite a few things that I make too - that's the beauty of BLS, hey?!

still on the teaching contract roundabout

we tried the apple and chicken fingers and not a success DS won't touch them (I think he had a very small bit of one) - so they're going in the freezer for a couple of months for DH to try with DS for lunch occasionally.

on a side note DS isn't really into meat unless it's mince in some sort of dish or sausage style (except these ones) or tuna (loves the flavoured tuna on sandwiches)

Leckert, DD is the same with meat. It's only in the last few weeks that she will even contemplate picking up a piece of meat and eating it. Often now she will chew but not swallow, which I am planning to ask the dietician about when we get our appointment.

D'oh! The link doesn't work any more (or is it just me?).

If anyone still has this file I'd love a copy

Oooh! Found a copy! Juniper, if you would like it, send me a pm with your email address

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast