Thread: BLS questions

Default BLS questions

HI,
    Not sure if this has already been asked but I would like some inro about BLS. Can anyone recommend some reading?
    I was wondering if you still offer you baby the same one food 3 times before trying something else?
    How do you know if they are allergic to something unless you give 1-2 foods at a time to begin with?
    Nutritionists recommend that babies don't have sugar and sodium so do you eliminate these at least until 12mths? As in vegemite and bread, biscuits and pre-prepared sauces?
    How many times a day do you offer food and at what age did you increase it?
    Do you offer banana as a first food as it is very high in potassium or did you wait until your baby was a bit older?

Olive is currantly eating baby porridge once a day which is organic rice, millet and oats which is mixed with a little formula and bm. She seems to really enjoy this and has been eating this for 3wks. I have cooked up a stack of organic vegies but am not sure when to introduce a second meal. It also seems as though she reacts to apple and pear which are supposed to be low in allergens. This whole solids thing is kinda confusing.
    TIA

Just moved this thread to BLS, hun.

The ABA has a great booklet on BLS (it's not long, but worth every cent of the $5!). You can also try kellymom's site for an immediate read.

Hey OM,

We gave DD banana right off and she loves it. I avoid salty and prepared foods. She does have a bit of vegimite occasionally.
    We just started with offering food at one time of day and now we are on to 2 or 3 but I don't stress if she doesn't eat as the EBM is still her main source of nutrition.
    Em gets a bit rashy with apples too.
    BLS isn't about restricting foods but giving a wide choice of wholesome foods