Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Book: Baby Led Weaning

Default Book: Baby Led Weaning

Hey!!

I just got this book delivered today and already I am loving it!! I can't believe that I even considered shoving pureed food into little missy's mouth!

Can't wait to get her going on some of the good stuff!!

Sue x

The Gill Rapley one?
    Good stuff isn't it!
    Enjoy

Yeah, that very one.

It's FAB!!!!

where did you get your copy? our bookshelves would be looking pretty similar now

Kate. DH jokes that i should start a parenting book library!

My sister ordered my copy on amazon uk and sent it over with a pile of stuff for missy (very spoiled by her aunty!).

It's sooo much cheaper doing it that way - books are really overpriced here.

I have started lending out my pregnancy books to mates. Gotta share the good stuff.

Amazon can have great prices but sometimes the postage makes it not worth it. I have found some books for good prices from the UK on e-bay lately!

I get all mine off a great UK website. DH discovered it when hunting around for homebrew books. Free worldwide shipping and everything is cheap cheap cheap! I haven't paid more than $20 for any parenting books.

I probably have a matching bookshelf too!

We have just started BLS and it is so amazing to watch DD interact with the food. The change in just a week is really noticeable.
    I refer to the book alot and find it handy to have - have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Kate07 View Post
    I have started lending out my pregnancy books to mates. Gotta share the good stuff.!
    Yeah, me too.

You know what? I wish I'd read more about this stuff and parenting when I was pregnant and stopped worrying about the pregnancy. I wish wish wish I'd done that. There are so many little bits of information that would have been soooooo helpful to know BEFORE bubby came along.

Hi, this book sounds really interesting. Can you give me a bit of an overview about it please? Does it recommend against pureed food? I am in the process of learning about solids so I am prepared in a couple of months.

Hey,

yeah, it doesn't recommend pureed foods for lots of reasons. I've just skimmed a few chapters and am about to head to bed and get into it properly but it goes into the history of babies starting solids etc and how they used to start them on bones and rusk!!!!

Anyway, I couldn't give you a very good over view at the moment, as I say, am just about to start reading it properly now.

I'll be back!
    There is a website, just google Baby Led Weaning. Some info on there!
    Sue xxx

google Gil Rapley for more info

I love this book! I borrowed it from my la leche league library and have been passing it around my friends. There was no way DS was having mush after i read it. He is a real bls baby now and i couldn't spoonfeed him even if i wanted to! I absentmindedly picked up his biscuit that he had dropped and put it to his mouth and he was having none of it! He looked at me like ' i can feed myself thanks mum.' i see all the other mums in my mg desperately trying to get food into their baby's mouths and feel so glad i chose bls.

Yeah the more i read it the more I think that this is definitely the way for us.

Although, I have porridge every single morning for breakie and have done for years - will see how missy goes with it, am going to give her a spoon and I'll sit and have mine with her and see how she goes.

Suex

Just brought this book off ebay it comes from the UK ,but its only 20$ free postage ..excited to read it, we are doing BLS anyway but i have not got a book on it yet only books on mush food that now sit in a box

It's great Shell, you'll love it!! xx

I don't know anything about BLS at all ..... but i get the impression that basically it means we don't give our babies pureed food at all instead they are given chucks of food in the way which we would eat - is this correct??? Think i need to go and do some googling,lol.

That's exactly it Westy. It also says why giving baby pureed food isn't teaching them to "eat" properly as the puree is just going to the back of their tongues and they are sucking and swallowing as they would if they were taking milk from breast or bottle.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast