: Girls name - which do you like best?

32.
  • Annabelle Faye

    7 21.88%
  • Elspeth Faye

    7 21.88%
  • Cecelia Faye

    3 9.38%
  • Matilda Faye

    9 28.13%
  • Madeleine Faye

    6 18.75%

thread: Baby #3 - Which Name do you like best?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Sep 2008
    Melbourne
    3,300

    Re: Baby #3 - Which Name do you like best?

    My DD is Cerys - very popular Welsh name (my mum is Welsh) Carys and Cerys are both popular there is like Clare and Claire. Pronounced KAH-ris and Cerys is pronounced Keh-ris/Kare-ris. I have never heard it with the -reece ending. I still like it but find in Australia people don't get the hard C and we get more like se-ris or se-reece, or they hear Paris. Particularly non English speakers can't make the leap between seeing a C and it sounding like a K.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Apr 2008
    Melbourne
    6,745

    Re: Baby #3 - Which Name do you like best?

    I like Cecilia but I also like Carys - I think they both go well with your boys names

  3. #3
    BellyBelly Member

    Jan 2010
    2,793

    Re: Baby #3 - Which Name do you like best?

    I picked Matilda. We almost called DD2 that. We also had Annabelle and Madeline on our list so love them too.

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Nov 2008
    Perth, WA
    2,315

    Re: Baby #3 - Which Name do you like best?

    Out of your list I like Elspeth best, then Annabelle.

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Apr 2009
    Sydney
    2,350

    Re: Baby #3 - Which Name do you like best?

    Very interesting poll results so far! Elspeth is leading by only 1 vote and tied for second is Annabelle, Matilda and Madeleine!

    DH suggested the name Josephine last night... thoughts?

    He also wants to put Olivia on the short list.