... 678910 ...

thread: Bad Bad name

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Aug 2008
    Ouiinslano
    5,303

    Re: Bad Bad name

    I went to school with a Katinka, an age ago. Wasn't that strange to us!

    I'm doing a cake decorating course and one of the other women's names is Candida.

    Yep.
    There was a mum in our antenatal class with same name. She went by Candy.

    I once taught a little girl called Bong.

  2. #2
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Apr 2010
    In the mad house at loopy land
    1,230

    Re: Bad Bad name

    Its not odd per say just she was always teased by kids at school over her name. She was a lovely girl,I just remember how hard she had due to the teasing

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Aug 2006
    On the other side of this screen!!!
    11,129

    Re: Bad Bad name

    I think Glory is an AWESOME name. Precious is lovely - but possibly tainted by other cultural associations - but Sweetheart is stretching the theme, IMO.

    Sorry I can't see/hear anything weird about Katinka at all? What am I missing?

  4. #4
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Oct 2007
    Outer South East Melbourne :)
    4,346

    Re: Bad Bad name

    I watched a paranormal activity documentary on Foxtel last week. The two girls in the documentary were named Heaven-Leigh and Summer-Raine. not "bad" names, per se, just different and a play on words.

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Aug 2009
    Melbourne
    766

    Re: Bad Bad name

    A girl at school (Hungarian background) was named Timea.... She had to endure constant 'tinea' jokes, and Hungary/hungry jokes. She also had a surname that didn't help her cause - poor thing.

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Mar 2007
    Melbourne
    4,031

    Re: Bad Bad name

    We went to a party last night, kids included. One of the little boys at the party was name Fox. Now it's not a bad bad name, just a rather unusual one, I did immediately think of Fantastic Mr Fox.
    My DH and both commented this morning that at least it's not a name we will ever forget.

  7. #7
    Registered User

    Nov 2009
    Scottish expat living in Geelong
    5,572

    Re: Bad Bad name

    I met a little Fox recently and was slightly gutted that he wasn't named after Mulder

  8. #8
    Registered User

    Mar 2007
    Melbourne
    4,031

    Re: Bad Bad name

    I met a little Fox recently and was slightly gutted that he wasn't named after Mulder
    I was never into X Files, didn't even occur to me Lol.

  9. #9
    Registered User

    Dec 2009
    Perth
    1,916

    Re: Bad Bad name

    I know a lovely lady called Tenna. The first few weeks I knew her, all I could think of was Tena Lady incontinence products :P She was named that because she was born at Tennant Creek. Her brother, Durwin, was born in Darwin. They are 2 of 6 kids named for where they were born.

  10. #10
    Registered User

    Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong
    12,163

    Re: Bad Bad name

    A girl from school legally changed her name to Vixen, such was her love of Mulder.

  11. #11

    May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic
    8,631

    Re: Bad Bad name

    DD's little BFF from kinder (and now school) is called Thyme. And her brother is Fox. They are great kids. Their parents are lovely. But they have unusual names!

  12. #12
    Registered User

    Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong
    12,163

    Re: Bad Bad name

    DD's little BFF from kinder (and now school) is called Thyme. And her brother is Fox. They are great kids. Their parents are lovely. But they have unusual names!
    So if the first gets stitches, you'd have a stitch in Thyme!!

    And don't get me started in the opportunities with Fox ... In a box ... With Knox ... Wearing socks ...

  13. #13
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Mar 2010
    1,200

    Re: Bad Bad name

    Fox is SO popular now, I know quite a few... Reminds me of a few years ago when I knew of 7 kids named Chilli in our area in one year.... I also know a little girl named Wolf...

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Add sepata on Facebook

    Sep 2011
    Sydney
    615

    Re: Bad Bad name

    I love the idea of calling a boy Wolf, because I think it sounds epic with our surname, but it would never make the 'approved' list from DH

  15. #15
    Registered User

    Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong
    12,163

    Re: Bad Bad name

    Your surname is Verine, right?

  16. #16
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Oct 2007
    Outer South East Melbourne :)
    4,346

    Re: Bad Bad name

    Your surname is Verine, right?
    i have my dunce hat on today, took me about 5 mins to understand what you meant

  17. #17
    Registered User

    Dec 2008
    8,986

    Re: Bad Bad name

    i have my dunce hat on today, took me about 5 mins to understand what you meant
    I googled it

  18. #18
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Oct 2007
    Outer South East Melbourne :)
    4,346

    Re: Bad Bad name

    lol Tinks!! I don't feel so bad now

... 678910 ...