thread: Boys names ending in 'er'

Mar 2008
    Innisfail

Boys names ending in 'er'

DP and I have decided to start TTC #2 when he eventually gets home but that's a whole other thread! We will be recycling the girls name we had chosen had DS been born DD - Charli Ivy! We had great difficulty agreeing on boys name but eventually decided on Cooper Axl suits him to a tee! Anywho to the problem at hand - we like the idea of having another boys name ending in 'er' - IMO they are strong sounding - but not much springs to mind except Baxter and Archer (i love both) We know there are plenty more 'er' ending names and out there but we're both stuck. I only have access to BB via my mobile phone so I can't even do a search I know how clever and resourceful you ladies are so can you please lend a hand... Should add i'm partial to 6 letter names, double syllabic - DP thinks that's just bizarre but each their own!

Jan 2008
    Country Victoria

Off the top of my head...

Hunter
    Conner
    Asher

I will be back if I think of some more.

I loke Hunter .

Platinum Member. Love a friend xxx

Mar 2008
    Perth, WA

Xavier?

Sorry I'm not much help.

May 2005
    Canberra

Alexander
    Oliver
    Guyver
    Guliver

Oct 2006

Spencer
    Jasper
    Conner

Administrator
    Add Rouge on Facebook

Jun 2003
    Ubiquity

Oliver
    Xavier
    Lysander
    Zander
    Archer
    Casper
    Jasper
    Harper
    Keifer
    Luther
    Mather
    Mercer
    Miller
    Meyer
    Parker
    Rider
    River
    Ryder
    Slater
    Tyler
    Turner
    Zephyr (not sure if you need the ER exactly or a sound of er)

Jul 2007
    Melbourne

Alexander
    Oliver
    Xavier
    River

Senior Moderator

Nov 2004
    Chickens.

Ryker

Sep 2008
    South West Sydney, NSW

Just had a quick squiz through my baby name book I carry in my handbag... yeah I know I am sad! I tried to list ones that weren't listed but haven't refreshed so may have some duplicates - some don't match your criteria either

Aylmer
    Casper
    Chandler
    Christopher
    Ebenezer
    Fletcher
    Gunther
    Homer
    Lester
    Peter
    Roger
    Sylvester
    Warner
    Xavier

Ok that is all I found in my scan of the book

Jul 2008
    Brisbane North

Dexter? Sorry, that's all I can think of that hasn't already been mentioned.

Aug 2006
    On the other side of this screen!!!

Asher
    Tanner
    Hunter
    Archer
    Spencer
    Rykker
    Jenner

Mar 2008
    Innisfail

Thanks for the suggestions! We have a couple of 'ers' in the family already so that rules out Peter, Jasper, Xavier. Close friends have a Miller, a Hunter and an Asher so they are gone too. Then there's all the 'unforgettable' kids i've taught so scratch Oliver, Tyler, Ryder, Rider, Zander and Conner! My ex's surname was Spencer, not going there either! Casper = ghost (and rhymes with Jasper) Homer = doh (so not a simpsons fan) HOWEVER i do love Dexter, Parker and Harper! Hmmm notice that they are all 6 letters long, coincidence? I'm sooo stuck in my ways LOL Jenner i like but wouldn't want people thinking he's a she! Oh I thought of one myself to, Carter! My short list is looking much better, thanks again! Just gotta make a baby now

Mar 2008
    Innisfail

tk 1999 i envy you for being able to fit a book in your handbag, mine is so full of junk there'd be no way in world i could fit an extra bobbypin in let alone a book

Sep 2008
    South West Sydney, NSW

LOL I am usually the same... but it is only a small book - and it stays in my maternity envelope where I keep all the things related to my current pg. If I am at an appointment and get a bit bored I just whip out the book and start having a read through - still a long long long way off having anything on a short list though

smiles4u Guest

There is a gorgeous boy in my DD's playgroup named Tanner

I like Alexander

Mar 2008
    Innisfail

That's a good idea and you're one step ahead of my being pregnant and all guess i'm just getting carried away with the idea of TTC and also hope to avoid the name sharing showdown DP and I had last time around! Smiles4 u i like the sound of Tanner but i'm a Tania and get Tanner (or there abouts) from my much younger cousins!

Sep 2008
    South West Sydney, NSW

I have had the book for sometime but only started carrying it with me full time once I got my BFP. All the best for your TTC journey.

Aug 2006
    N.S.W

Most of our shortlist had anmes ending in ER which we decided did not go so well with our surname..... so feel free to steal one of the following from our list.

Archer
    Carter
    Cooper
    Hunter
    Tanner
    Jasper
    Harper