Thread: Does it matter?

Default Does it matter?

I am pretty close to having DS2 and the name situation is driving me batty.
    I decided some time ago that I liked the name Edward Heath. Edward is my dad's middle name and was my great grandfather's name, Heath is the masculine version of my mother's name. DS1 is Byron David (David is FIL's name).
    Anyway...DH who seems to be an endless source of somewhat useless information pointed out that Edward Heath was a British Prime Minister in the 70's. Besides that he likes the name. I don't think that it matters as his name won't actually be Edward Heath, it will be Edward Berry. I am also doubtful that anyone else is going to know of this Prime Minister, especially Australians in my/ my children's age groups.

So does anyone on here think that it matters?

Nope! If it bothers you though you could always switch it and have Heath Edward?

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Nah not a problem, if you like it go with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck.

Pretty much every name combination will have been used by someone at some stage!!

I wouldnt think it would matter? Like you say few people, esp your childs peers, would have any idea.

No, I dont think it maters at all!!!! if you like it... go for it! I think its a great name...

It definitely doesn't matter! I know I haven't heard of him LOL!

My DS2's middle name is Heath (it's a family name) and I love it. Edward Heath sounds lovely

Shalou Guest

I don't think it matters at all either as long as you and your hubby both love the name you've chosen. I wouldn't have known it was an ex british prime minsters name, so I don't think many other people unless they are from the UK would make the connection either

No, I don't think it matters. If you google a name you will almost always find someone with the name or who had the name.

I agree that it doesn't matter one iota!

And I think any person who knows that Edward Heath was a British PM, is hardly likely to be the kind of person likely to tease your son about it!

Go for it! It's a lovely sounding name.

Well it seems pretty unanimous to me.

Thanks bubbaloo, I hadn't thought of it that way.

There was a Tina Turner ahead of me at the pathologist the other day, much younger than the singer so I am thinking The famous one must have been famous when she was named. She has obviously survived with a very well known name so I figure my son can with an obscure one.

I'm English and didn't pick up on the reference! The guy was called Ted Heath: stick with Edward, Ed or Ned and there'll be no link at all for 99.9% of the population. And as Bubbaloo said, if he introduces himself as Edward Heath Berry and someone is actually aware of Ted Heath and the history, that's not going to be a bullying issue! Maybe a "did you know" but not a bullying issue.

Just trying to think of what the average person may know about Ted Heath... miner's strikes and the three-day week. Erm. The PM before Maggie Thatcher. Tory. Think he was a chancellor before he became PM? Something related to taxes, I think, as he was referenced in a Beatles song as trying to tax too much, Mr Heath along with Mr Wilson, but I don't know too much about that. A little before my time!

smiles4u Guest

Thumbs up

Yeh, i was going to also suggest Heath Edward

We liked Heath when i was pregnant

I would stick to Edward Heath if that is what is in your heart of choices

Haha, that is soooo the kind of information my DH would come up with - aren't they frustrating sometimes!!

Love the name though, I like old man sounding names IYKWIM (I mean that in a good way!!), my two are Jackson and Leo, old man sounding names too....

I am English and i did pick up on it.