Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haylee/Hayley

Default Haylee/Hayley

DF woke me up at 4.30 yesterday morning to tell me that he really loves the name Haylee (spelt like that). I think it's starting to grow on me, but in my head it looks weird spelt like that, on paper it doesn't seem so strange. Have been thinking of middle names, I guess if DF picks the first name, then I'm entitled to choose a second name
    Last name is Evans.

I was thinking maybe Haylee Grace, Haylee Louise. DF suggested Haylee Ann/Anne (My mum's name is Sally-Anne, but she goes by Sally). WDYT? We still have to choose a boy's name, JIC we are surprised! But I will be relieved when we have one name out of the way, I keep having nightmares that we're home from hospital with bubs and she still doesn't have a name

I like it but I am conservative and would spell it Hayley. You don't see it around much these days but when i taught Yr2 7 years after Halleys comet had been seen in Australia I had 3 in my class LOL (ALL with different spellings!)

i like haylee grace. i know what you mean about worrying about not having any names when baby comes.. i still havent settled on a boys name! eeek!

My litte sister Is Haylee Grace I love it with the ee..

we call her gracie

My neice is Haylie Jade. I love it with the "ie"

I like the name with and ie too. Haylie Jade is lovely

My younger sister is Hayley - although admitedly I like the spelling Haylie the best. That way your not doubling up on the letter 'y' or the letter 'e'.
    Its the most balanced spelling, in my opinion! Perhaps if he gets to pick the name - its only fair if you get to pick the spelling?
    Haylie Jade - that is gorgeous!

Good luck deciding.

X

Im not a fan of Haylie - I much prefer Haylee (or even Haley)

I do like the name Hayley. Another way to spell it is Hayleigh.

I love Haylee Grace & Haylee Anne

My niece is Hayley Jade.....i do like that name.

Im conservative too - i like the traditional way to spell it. We named our first born after a popular girls name, but spelt it differently...........im forever correcting people, drives me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakysparkle View Post
    Im not a fan of Haylie - I much prefer Haylee (or even Haley)
    I like Haley best as well

My cousins DD is Haylee... I like the name but personally I prefer the traditional spelling of Hayley.

DoubleK Guest

oohh i love Haylee!

i am bias on the middle name Ann (my middle name is Ann, and our dd will be Kayla Ann)

smiles4u Guest

Wink

I prefer the traditional spelling - Hayley

Yep, a HAYLEY ANN fan here ... i'm biased too as my DD's middle name Ariane in my idea of being a modern twist version of my sister's middle name ANN & my best friend of 30years first name is ANN

I prefer the spelling of Ann as Anne can be mistaken for Annie BUT then maybe you would rather spell it "Anne" as it is the spelling of your Mum's name after all

I like the 'traditional' spelling of Hayley, personally... DH and I have chosen Hayley Nicole for bub #2, but this morning I've had a change of heart hahaha, I think I prefer Ashley?! Will have to talk to him tonight when he gets home from work and see what he reckons.
    For middle names... well DH and I stayed well away from Hayley with DD1 because of Eminem lol, his daughter's name is Hailie Jade (or some variation of spelling, not sure exactly) and DH and I didn't want anybody thinking we'd been influenced by him in naming our daughter... now it's been a few years since anybody's heard much from Eminem so we feel we can safely use it without the association being there, kwim?? So Hayley Jade for me is strange, but obviously if you're not a fan and don't know many people who are, it would be fine to use... Of the suggestions you made, I like Hayley Grace and Hayley Ann(e) - nearly two-thirds of the girls I went to school with had 'Louise' as a middle name, so I steered well clear if it because it was so common...
    But then, names like 'Emily' and 'Nicole' are common too, so that reasoning doesn't work lol

But yes, I do think Haylee (although I don't like the 'lee' bit, I have a 'Lee' in my name and always hated it, my cousin is Natalee and all up it kind of reminds me of Ashlee Simpson) Grace or Anne are pretty

Sorry for the ramble!!

LOL my name is Hayley Jade. I've always liked my name, but I think spelt Haylee is kinda cute, a bit more modern I guess? Oh & I'm not named after Eminem's daughter, I am a lot older than her hehe

Thanks everyone! Lol I never knew eminems daughter was called that...but yeah he has kind of fallen off the radar, not that it would probably have influenced us anyway. I think we might go with Haylee Ann(e)- will have to check how my mum spells it because I'm not entirely sure, but I think I prefer Anne to Ann. Haven't passed it by DF yet though so I'll see how I get on!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast