Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's not a dog's name...

I wouldn't really be worried about whether it suits a high powered executive. If your daughter wants to be a high powered executive she will make it work for her. Goldie really is a dog's name but it works fine for Goldie Hawn

I met a Daisy when I was visiting my sister in Mt Isa, and she is beautiful, polite, very smart and well mannered.

I love the name.

I like daisy But it's My sisters dogs name... LMAO!! Mind you her dog is HUGE!
    I love Roxy too, but that is another of my sisters dogs name....
    I always said Bonnie was a dogs name... but now it's DD#4's name.

I've known more dogs called Sam than I've known called Daisy

A dear friend of mine has a little girl called Daisy and it suits her to a T.

And thirdly, my DH had a dog called Angus when I first met him and while I was initially against the name for our son due to the same reasons, I couldn't imagine him being called anything else

Hey Lori,

I use to have a pet cow named Daisy! LOL.
    My parents had a farm when i was growing up.
    Iam not sure i would call my little girl that,just thinking of her future.....good luck.

Lurrrve it!

DH said no though, both times! Not even going to try this time

Lori - I really like Daisy and my first thought was Daisy Boo (Jamie Oliver's girl). It doesn' t make me think of a dog at all!

I don't think Daisy is a dog's name. Some dogs are called Daisy yes, but if the name suits the baby, no problems. I love Daisy, it such a pretty name but I too have concerns as to whether it is just as good on an adult.

My mum has a theory when it comes to baby names. If it sounds okay with Aunt/Aunty or Uncle in front of it, it will suit a child and an adult. So far it has worked.

Aunty Daisey....not bad.

I love it. My 2nd daughters middle name is Daisy (her first name is Charlotte). I wanted to have Daisy as her first name, but her big sisters name is Lily, and while I thought that having little (preschool) girls called Lily and Daisy would be cute, I thought that when they were teenagers and adults, they may not thank me for it! - therefore we have Lily May and Charlotte Daisy.

IKWYM about dogs names though. I also loved the name Sophie, but once I heard that Oprah Winfrey had a poodle called Sophie, I just couldn't use it!

I think Daisy is a gorgeous girly name.

If you lie it that much I say continue to push for it.

Daisy Skye
    Daisy Violet
    Daisy Michelle

I think all those names go together quite well.

Good Luck with your decision.

I like it Lori. I think it is a really cute name. Although I would have reservations about calling an adult Daisy..Although if the name fits then she'll carry it with ease.

Daisy Jaide
    Daisy Kate

If you like it then go for it
    Last edited by BekZ; March 15th, 2009 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Adding text

smiles4u Guest

I had the cutest mixed persian kitten years ago i named her DAISY cause she had the biggest brown eyes & long eyelashes like a cow out of a character book i had as a child ...

I actually don't mind Daisy as a name for a sweet little girl ... just not sure about it being suitable for a woman ... but i do love Poppy, Lily, Violet, and Jasmine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12