thread: Madagasca?

Apr 2008

Madagasca?

I herad a Dad calling his son by this name when I was on a shopping trip this weekend. What do you think? Personally, I can't say I'm a fan.

Jul 2006
    Logan

Not a fan either

BellyBelly Life Subscriber & MPM

Feb 2007
    Melbourne

Maybe it was a nickname? Surely that's not something you would name a child?

BellyBelly Member

Jun 2005
    Sydney

ohhhhh i just think of the school yard jokes here......nope, not a fan.....

Mar 2004
    Sparta

I like to move it, move it.....

Apr 2008

Pretty sure it wasn't a nickname. The Dad was sort of yelling at him like "Hurry up Madagasca!" "Madagasca come here NOW!". I wonder what his other son was called?

PS: The kid was about 8 or 9 so he would have been born before the movie. If that makes it any better, and I'm not really sure it does.

Follow Pandora On Twitter

Jan 2005
    cowtown

lol.
    dont you just love the people?

May still have been a nickname. Friend was nicknames "Nifty" at birth by his dad and both his parents called his that most of the time ever since.

Jan 2008

it could be a nic name or maybe not i dont like the name myself but in we never use it and so we use his nic name for everything...yes even when we tell him off so maybe it was a perminate nickname name.. could be? my sons nic name was used from day 1 when i first saw his beautiful face

Mar 2004
    Sparta

Maybe he was concieved in Madagascar. So he should be grateful that his parents didn't honeymoon in South West Rocks or Coffs Harbour.

Aug 2008
    qld

Hmmmm, intersesting, if it is his real name, then its not my cup of tea, but each to their own.
    How ever if its a nic name, its kinda cute.

My #3 who is almost 4 has a nic name, her name is bailea, and some how, her dad started calling her bailea burger, and now she is just known as burger.
    I think it kinda started from bailea herself, she used to call herself bailea boots, as in doras companion, then she went to bailea princess, and hubby said but i just want to eat u, cause ur so cute, hence burger, lol.

I did her a kid in the shops one day ask why that girl has a name like a hamburger, lol.

she gets called burger almost everyday, except when she is in trouble, then the full name comes out, BAILEA ELLA!!!! lol

Nov 2006
    Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Maybe he was concieved in Madagascar. So he should be grateful that his parents didn't honeymoon in South West Rocks or Coffs Harbour.
    PMSL!!

poor kid.