thread: Please help with names for our little boy

Oct 2008
    Melbourne

Please help with names for our little boy

Hi there,

Only 9 days to go before our little guy is due, and we are still far from having a name picked out. We really want to meet him before naming him but a short list would be good!

Our surname is short (Hone) so I think a 2 or more syllable first name would work best, but one that can be shortened for a cute nickname too.

I like Bailey and Oliver, and I really like Luca too but don't think it goes with our surname.

I'd love to hear your ideas!

Thanks in advance,

Sare

Sep 2008
    Croydon, Victoria

I really think Oliver Hone sounds great. It flows nicely and he can be called Olly. Good luck with the up and coming birth

Jul 2007
    Melbourne

Alexander is a nice name
    Zachery goes nicely and from your shortlist so far I would pick Oliver

Jul 2007
    melb

i like oliver from your list.

other ideas are

Jacob
    Lewis
    Byron
    Joshua
    James
    Edward
    Matthew
    Lachlan
    Samuel
    Mark
    Benjamin

good luck!! cant wait to meet him at next west meet up!!

Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld

We have the same trouble here in this house - a really short, one syllable surname.

So we have names with 3 syllables for the first names - cos it seems to flow better than ones with 2? So we have Aricyn for our DS and Mehkelti for our DD. (and I have a 2 syllable middle name for DS, 3 syllables for DD's middle name)

Its hard with one syllable surnames cos the names sorta sound.. I dunno.. like they are cut short or something - too harsh sounding - if there is only one syllable. Well, to me anyway.

Anyhoo - I prefer Oliver out of your choices.

Follow Pandora On Twitter

Jan 2005
    cowtown

I think Luca sounds fine with your surname, or even Lucas - I prefer Luca though.
    I have a short one syllable surname too.
    Oliver hone reminds me of oliver hume real estate

Jun 2008
    Tassie

I really like Bailey

Oct 2006
    Gold Coast, Queensland

I haven't read all the replies, but will have to as I'm in a similar situation. Our last name is a little longer, though, Bennett. With DD, i really really hoped that she won't be a boy as we couldn't decide on a name.
    I also like names that shorten nicely. although we picked one for DD that doesnn't fall into that category (Maya). Are you going to have a middle name? We don't want middle names, so we felt the first name has to be a little more substantial (ie. not just one syllable) and suitable for all walks of life our child might choose.

No idea what gender it will be this time, but here are a few boy's names I kinda like:

Benjamin (but doesn't go with last name. Ben Bennet is a little silly)
    Daniel (Dan, Danny)
    Lucas (Luke, I think with the s on the end it flows nicer with your last name)
    I do like Oliver, too and think it goes well with Hone

Mmmmm, I find boy's names so hard...
    If we are having another girl, her name will most likely be Lilliana (Lilly). That was on our short list for DD, but when she was born, DH picked Maya for her.

Let us know what you end up choosing
    Sasa
    Last edited by sunshine_sieben; April 14th, 2009 at 09:28 AM.

Oct 2008
    Melbourne

Wow, you guys are quick!

There are some great ideas there, thanks so much.

Boys names are so hard, and Arimeh I hadn't even really thought about middle names yet, oh dear!

Feeb I'm really looking forward to the next meet up, we'll see you there!

Oct 2007
    Brissy

some suggestions -
    Zachariah (zach)
    Ezekiel (zeke)
    Christopher
    Charlton
    Lucian (luca)

Apr 2008

Oliver is great!!! I love it! It really works with your last name. I dont mind Bailey but it's very trendy and I have the feeling that in 5 years it will be considered a purely female name.

Oct 2008
    Melbourne

mumtobe123 that was my concern about Bailey too, I had never really met many Baileys before, but lately I keep hearing about little girl Baileys... I always thought it was a boys name!

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2007
    Ever so slowly going crazy...

Just throwing out some names, dont know where they came from, just thin air really.....

Jayden
    Mason
    Zavier
    Kane