Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanx a lot Natalie Bassingthwaite!

In a place where Love is what we breathe!

Default Thanx a lot Natalie Bassingthwaite!

Im sure most have heard the news that Rouge Traders lead singer Nat Bassingthwaite has birthed her first child and named it Harper. Congratulations and big babymoon to her!! Truly.

For some reason though I feel like she stole the originality of my name, even though I know I wasn't the first to use it. Lisa-Marie Presley did a few years ago. Has anyone else felt so silly and possessive about their babies name before???

I feel like im in high school again!

If you want to use the name Harper, please please please please please please dont be put off, im usually very sharing and generous with the name!
    Last edited by Sunny Love; August 17th, 2010 at 12:42 PM. Reason: spelling, how embarrassment!

Oh wow, I didn't know she had had the baby - awesome for her.

Oh - and sorry, but one of the lovely ladies in my BB group for Eden named her little girl Harper - and they're nearing 9 months old now, so I hate to break it to you, but there will be other ones out there.. LOL..

Just feel great to know that others have the same great taste in names that you do!

Lol.
    And Harper Lee wrote To kill a mockingbird yonks ago.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Yes many many Harper's in the world!!!

I know I know, thats why I feel so silly
    What is wrong with me!?!?!?!?!
    Im a whacko! Thanx girls, I really needed pulling back into reality

She named her Little un Harper Rain, so a bit 'out there' like mine, Harper Jewel, but you're right Arimeh, I am very flattered to share the name!
    Marcellus....my Ob said the exact same thing about the name, yet we never even realised til then!

One of my friends had a Sunday Rose years before Nicole Kidman had hers - she says that Nicole copied her so you could say the same

I know a boy Harper who is 6. Is Harper Rain a boy or girl? I am assuming girl, but you never know!

Ash, this Harper is a girl too

I was annoyed when Bec Hewitt stole Mia. But I had a boy so it didn't matter LOL!

I know what you mean though Even though your Harper is older, some people will probably think you got the idea of the name from Natalie and copied her and I guess the name could become even more popular now.

Such a beautiful name no matter who else has it too xoxo

clare076 Guest

oh Harper Jewel is lovely...

Tiffani Amber Thiessen (90210) and Dave Grohl both have daughters named Harper too.

I have a friend who's little girl is Harper and she is gorgeous... just think of it this way, it may end up being one of those names where you think 'every harper i know is gorgeous'...

There are girls on BB that have babies and share names ..alone there are 3 Violets on here (even spelt differnet ) and how many Jett's, Mason's, Emily's ect ???

I would think it would be a completely DIFFERENT senario if you actually knew Natalie and told her the name you had picked...but honestly why be so shattered? Its a gorgeous name, its not like your going to be the first to want to use the name nor the last.

Thanx everyone
    I really like her name, Harper Rain, and am very flattered she likes the name Harper too. I like that other people choose the name and would be really suprised if I came across another Harper with the same middle name, but hey, you never know!!!
    You're right it would be DIFFERENT if I knew her, but i'm not shattered as such
    I wonder when it might make it into the top 10 Popular Annual Baby Name Poll (if it hasnt already!)

smiles4u Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by clare076 View Post
    oh Harper Jewel is lovely...
    :yeahthat: i totally agree, ... so hope you name your bubba this gorgeous name

I think it's when a celeb names their baby something you already like, and then people say that you named your baby after theirs. That's what drives me nuts.

We considered Harper for both our girls... Well I did, DH didn't! lol
    There was a TV show on when I was in highschool that was about 3 witch sister and one was named Harper, I don't remember the name of the show, but that is where I first heard Harper. Its a gorgeous name!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast