Thread: Thinking of a boys name...

Question Thinking of a boys name...

Ok so Ive got a few names in mind and just thought Id ask for opinions.
    DP and I both like..
    Jack
    James
    Ryan
    Ryder

Ryder is the newest addition and it has really seemed to grow on me, and at the moment Im really loving Ryder James. DP also likes the name, I think Im more worried about what family will think if I tell them we are considering it as a name. Its very different than any name in both families-they have more traditional names.

I know I shouldnt worry about what they think-they will call him by the name we choose anyway but I do value their opinions.

But yes just some thought on the names would be nice
    TIA

smiles4u Guest

Thumbs up

Oh, i like Ryder James

My SIL had Ryder on her boys list when pregnant ... and her brother's name is Ryan ... My DD was born on Ryan's birthday ... so, i'm biased and am going to go for RYAN too ... (I love Kynan too ... one to consider !!)

I like all your options to be honest! I think Ryder James sounds great!

well my first pick without a doubt is Ryder! I like the spelling (cause i like Y's) and i like that it is not as common as the other names. It is just my opinion only but i would be annoyed having 3+ James or Ryans in the same year i remember at school we had like 4 Jason's etc they always had to use their surname or letter too to be identified
    Ryder James rolls nicely together too!

I love Ryder James
    Don't be concerned about other's views, once your DS is here the name will be him and they'll love it IYKWIM

I'm def for Ryder simply because it's less common than others though the others are very nice. I'm shutting my mouth now when it comes to names because there is always someone who wont like it! Even if you love a name its hard to believe that not everyone feels that way! Also write the name down and see if you like it that way, say it out loud etc.

thanks girls! Everytime I see the name, it just feels...like him iykwim? I've still got a few months left to decide, but I find it really hard to like many boys names for some reason! I think I like those names because they seem like strong names to me.
    Thanks heaps for your thoughts

Oh i love Ryan for a boy.,
    We can not use it because our friend has a boy with this name.

All those names are great!

Jack is at the top of our list!

Good luck with your choice.

I like Ryan, but it is my brothers name. James is nice too, it is my nephews name. I'm not much of a fan for Ryder though - might get teased when older - "so, did you ride her"
    JMO though

Ryder James sounds great
    Although my son's name is James so I'm biased
    We're trying to think of names for this lil one too and a names book mentioned be careful when considering what their nickname might be and how they may be teased...
    Am I silly to think Ryder might be teased with "ride her"??
    (Or am I just a horny pregnant woman?)
    I hope I haven't seemed rude or offended anyone!
    I do still like the name though!!

I love Ryder! James is more of a middle name IMO
    Ryan is nice and I like Jack but its a bit too popular for me!
    all the best

I like all four names but especially Ryder. Ryder James sounds lovely! It's normal to worry a little about what your family and friends are going to think of your babies name, but they will always grow to love it because they will assosciate it with your beautiful boy! Rylan is another name you might like, it is a real name, although it's fairly uncommon (I have heard of a couple) and it means from the Rye Land. I think its great!

lol yeah Ive considered the whole "ride her" thing, but when I think about it, its not much of a teasing thing iykwim? Its just a play on the name, so Im really not worried.
    I very much like the name so not much is going to turn me off it. only if I find a nicer name will I change my mind.
    I did tell my parents tho, and they loved it! very happy about that one

thanks again for all the imput!!

If you love the name and don't want to be critised or have your opinion changed then don't tell anyone. I find that families get used to the names we choose. I have not liked a few friends/family member's name choices but their kids honestly suit them now and I have got used to them.

I like Ryder James btw