Thread: Is this too much of a name?

Default Is this too much of a name?

Ok, DH and I have just found out that we are having a little boy. As we have being trying for a while, we think we are pretty set on the name...but just want some feedback in case we are a bit blinded by our own opinions! This is what we are thinking...

Archer Darcy Tex (surname)

Why?
    • well my maiden name was Bowman - and an 'Archer' is another term for a man that uses a bow (abstract I know but the baby will get DH's last name and I wanted some family connection to my name)...
    • Darcy after Les Darcy who was an Australian world champian boxer at the turn of last century and who stood up and refused to join the war effort (did not want to be the 'pin up boy' to enourage others to join and be killed), but ended up being killed at the front when he did eventually go (rather than choosing the soft - home base option - really good read if anyone is interested).
    • 'Tex' after the Australian singer/writer Tex Perkins - my husbands fav singer and songwriter...and besides it is what the baby is going to be called as a nick name so might as well make it formal!

So what do you think? Is it too over the top and will it cause our little man too much grief as he grows up...please post your honest opinions!

Thanks
    FG

I think its fine.... and how many people will know his full name anyway?

Miss M has two middle names, but not everyone knows it... and really, not many people ask.

I only asked my friends in high school what their middle names were - and by that time I was far too mature to tease

(well except my friend who's middle name is Edith.. I had to tease a wee bit about that one!!)

I like it and love the meanings behind each name. All my kids have 2 middle names as well.

i think its great, so much meaning, and so very special for a special bunndle of joy.

beautiful, love it when people put thought into their childs name

I absolutely adore it!

congrats on the pregnancy hun, i had no idea!!!

Ok I'll go against the flow. I think it's a bit over the top. I gave my son two middle names after both of his pop's but wished I just chosen one. We never use his full name unless it's filling out forms and they never leave enough space. I wouldn't include Tex. Just use it as a nickname. I'm a shocker for nicknames and often use ones that have nothing to do with our kids names but rather their personalities. At the moment Patrick Arthur Anthony is Woohie

I love the names

Its rare that all the names are used anyway. I think its really something special to have such meanings to the names you've picked....I love middle names to have meaning too.

Nope! I like it! My brothers name is Nathan Shane Elliott (surname) and he never got any crap for having along name... and I don't think it ever bothered him either!
    I love tex as a nickname too! It's funny, we were at a fam friends daughters 18th the other night and a lady there told my DF he looks like a young Tex Perkins. I hadn't heard of him until then (I had to google him to find out who he was and I must say he's a bit of a spunk ) and now his name just keeps popping up everywhere!
    Anyway, sorry for the ramble. I like it though!

I like it too
    I really like the name Archer - the significance of why you have chosen it just makes me like it all the more! This is really the name that people are going to know your son by, though. I personally don't know many of my friends middle names, and if his friends want to know it's up to him whether or not he tells them, KWIM?
    Having said that, I don't think either Darcy or Tex are anything to be embarassed about Gotta love Tex Perkins! Cool nickname.

Congrats on your little man! Another boy to add to our August list

I think the name sounds great, you have definitely put a lot of thought into it! I love how you have chosen Archer, I used my mum's maiden name Heath as my DS2's middle name (half my family have this surname and I wanted something of my own family for him). If both you and your DH are happy with it, then go for it!

I think it sounds fine. In fact, if you want to call him Tex why not just name him Tex? I know a little Rex and no one ever bats an eyelid at that. I sort of think of Archer as a girls name but thats just cos my friend has a little baby girl called Archer.

Love it!

It's COOL - love it